Welcome to the Methanex Corporation website. In this website, Methanex Corporation and all its subsidiaries and affiliates are collectively referred to as "Methanex".
Images shown on this website are either the property of, or used with permission of their owners, by Methanex. Any unauthorized use of these images may violate intellectual property laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and/or communications statutes and regulations.
You are entitled to view, copy, print, and otherwise distribute content from this website provided that:
- you use it for informational purposes only;
- you do not modify the content;
- your copy must include all copyright and other proprietary notices; and
- you do not incorporate your copy (or any part thereof) into other works without the written permission of Methanex.
TRADEMARKS AND TRADENAMES
The Methanex name and logo are registered trademarks of Methanex Corporation.
Responsible Care® is a registered trademark of the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) in Canada and is a registered service mark of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) in the United States.
is a registered trademark of the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC) in Canada and is a registered service mark of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) in the United States.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEB-SITES
Some links on this website will direct you to websites that are not owned or operated by us. These linked sites are not under our control. We provide these links for your convenience only and the inclusion of any link does not indicate endorsement, express or implied, investigation or verification by us. We do not make any representations, warranties or representations concerning their contents and you use these third party websites solely at your risk. Your use of these linked sites may be subject to terms and conditions contained in these websites, which you should locate and review.
All stock quotes and historical stock price data are provided by third party service providers and are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended for trading purposes. Methanex makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of any such stock price quotes or historical stock price data and has not taken any steps to verify the adequacy, accuracy or completeness of the information provided herein.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Methanex maintains this website for information purposes only. While Methanex uses reasonable efforts to provide accurate and current information on this website, Methanex makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this website.
Neither Methanex, its subsidiaries, affiliates, their directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the information on this website is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of this website. This includes business interruption and loss of use, data, information and profits (regardless of the form of action, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other tortuous acts). This limitation applies even if Methanex has been advised of, or foresees, the possibility of any damages occurring.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on this website is provided to you "as is", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, except where such exclusions are prohibited by law.
You agree not to use any information on this website or linked to this site in any claims, proceedings, suits or action against Methanex.
Methanex assumes no responsibility or liability for any damages sustained, or viruses or other destructive items that infect your computer equipment or other property in connection with your access to or use of this website or your downloading of any data, text, images, files or other materials from the site.
The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for the purchase or sale of any securities.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
On this website you will find documents or other content that contain forward-looking statements with respect to us and our industry. These statements relate to future events or our future performance. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements. Statements that include the words “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “potential,” “estimates,” “anticipates,” “aim,” “goal,” or other comparable terminology and similar statements of a future or forward-looking nature identify forward-looking statements.
More particularly, and without limitation, any statements regarding the following are forward looking statements:
- expected demand for methanol and its derivatives,
- expected new methanol supply or re-start of idled capacity and timing for start-up of same,
- expected shut downs (either temporary or permanent) or re-starts of existing methanol supply (including our own facilities), including, without limitation, timing and length of planned maintenance outages,
- expected methanol and energy prices,
- expected levels of methanol purchases from traders or other third parties,
- expected levels, timing and availability of economically priced natural gas supply to each of our plants,
- capital committed by third parties towards future natural gas exploration and development in the vicinity of our plants,
- our expected capital expenditures, including without limitation, those to support natural gas exploration and development for our plants,
- anticipated production rates of our plants,
- expected operating costs, including natural gas feedstock costs and logistics costs,
- expected tax rates or resolutions to tax disputes, expected cash flows, earnings capability and share price,
- availability of committed credit facilities and other financing,
- ability to meet covenants or obtain waivers associated with our long-term debt obligations, including without limitation, the Egypt limited recourse debt facilities that have conditions associated with the payment of cash or other distributions and the finalization of certain land title registration and related mortgages that require action by Egyptian governmental entities,
- our shareholder distribution strategy and anticipated distribututions to shareholders,
- commercial viability and timing of, or our ability to execute, future projects, plant restarts, capacity expansions, plant relocations or other business initiatives or opportunities, including the planned relocation of our idle Chile methanol plants to Geismar, Louisiana ("Geismar"),
- our financial strength and ability to meet future financial commitments,
- expected global or regional economic activity (including industrial production levels),
- expected outcomes of litigation or other disputes, claims and assessments,
- expected actions of governments, government agencies, gas suppliers, courts, tribunals or other third parties, and
- expected impact on our operations in Egypt or our financial condition as a consequence of civil unrest or actions taken or inaction by the Government of Egypt and its agencies.
We believe that we have a reasonable basis for making such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this website are based on our experience, our perception of trends, current conditions and expected future developments as well as other factors. Certain material factors or assumptions were applied in drawing the conclusions or making the forecasts or projections that are included in these forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, future expectations and assumptions concerning the following:
- the supply of, demand for, and price of methanol, methanol derivatives, natural gas, coal, oil and oil derivatives,
- the success of our natural gas exploration and development in Chile,
- receipt of remaining required permits in connection with our Geismar project or receipt or issuance of third-party consents or approvals, including without limitation, governmental registrations of land title and related mortgages in Egypt, governmental approvals related to natural gas exploration rights or rights to purchase natural gas,
- the establishment of new fuel standards,
- operating costs including natural gas feedstock and logistics costs, capital costs, tax rates, cash flows, foreign exchange rates and interest rates,
- the availability of committed credit facilities and other financing, the success of natural gas exploration and development in Chile,
- timing of completion and cost of the Geismar projects,
- global and regional economic activity (including industrial production levels),
- absence of a material negative impact from major natural disasters,
- absence of a material negative impact from changes in laws or regulations,
- absence of a material negative impact from political instability in the countries in which we operate,
- enforcement of contractual arrangements and ability to perform contractual obligations by customers, natural gas and other suppliers and other third parties; and
- satisfaction of conditions precedent contained in the Geismar I natural gas supply agreement.
However, forward-looking statements, by their nature, involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties primarily include those attendant with producing and marketing methanol and successfully carrying out major capital expenditure projects in various jurisdictions, including without limitation:
- conditions in the methanol and other industries, including fluctuations in supply, demand for and price of methanol and its derivatives, including demand for methanol for energy uses,
- the price of natural gas, coal, oil and oil derivatives,
- the success of natural gas exploration and development activities in southern Chile
- our ability to obtain natural gas feedstock on commercially acceptable terms to underpin current operations and future production growth opportunities,
- the ability to successfully carry out corporate initiatives and strategies,
- actions of competitors, suppliers and financial insitutions,
- conditions within the natural gas delivery systems that may prevent delivery of our natural gas requirements,
- our ability to meet timeline and budget targets for our Geismar projects, including cost pressures arising from labour costs, competing demand for natural gas, especially with respect to domestic needs for gas and electricity in Chile and Egypt,
- actions of governments and governmental authorities, including, without limitation, the implementation of policies or other measures that could impact the supply of or demand for methanol or its derivatives,
- changes in laws or regulations,
- import or export restrictions, anti-dumping measures, increases in duties, taxes and government royalties and other actions by governments that may adversely affect our operations or existing contractual arrangements,
- world-wide economic conditions,
- satisfaction of conditions precedent contained in the Geismar 1 natural gas supply agreement, and
- other risks described in our 2013 Management’s Discussion & Analysis and most recent Quarterly Management’s Discussion & Analysis.
Having in mind these and other factors, investors and other readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. They are not a substitute for the exercise of one’s own due diligence and judgment. The outcomes anticipated in forward-looking statements may not occur and we do not undertake to update forward-looking statements except as required by applicable securities laws.