Date Posted: September 20, 2023
Closing Date: October 22, 2023
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Responsible for receiving, evaluating, and securely storing all acquired materials and commodities at our site. They will be dedicated to upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct and professionalism as outlined in the Methanex Code of Business Conduct. Additionally, they will play a crucial role in maintaining a safe and efficient warehouse environment.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to plan and arrange for required resources for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Perform visual Inspection of the received material/commodities upon arrival to verify the physical status of the materials.
- Match received goods and vendor documents as required with the purchase order.
- Notify the end user of materials arrival to obtain technical approval as per Material Receiving procedures. Coordinate the necessary laboratory analysis and use SGS onsite scale when required to confirm weights and acceptance.
- Report and Track damages and discrepancies on orders received in a timely manner with the procurement department to obtain vendor clarification and
- Manage warehouse documentation filling and assist with archiving.
- Maintain Proper forklift management to ensure safety, productivity, and smooth operations of the warehouse.
- Ensure inventory is organized and stored in a safe, orderly, and accessible
- Adhere to best storage practices, and compliance with handling and inventory preservation procedures.
- Ensure that all chemicals and hazardous materials are stored in accordance with the Material Safety Data Sheet storage requirements considering compatibility requirements.
- Verify the warehouse’s security condition on a daily basis to avoid any loss, theft or damage, etc., thus, taking all precautions to prevent any mishap.
- Maintain ongoing space optimization plan for all stores.
- Understand manual and mechanical handling hazards, techniques, and how to control related hazards.
- Maintain a record of the Inventory transactions through the computerized inventory control system (CMMS) and related transactions for materials’ issuing and return.
- Monitor the frequency of inventory usage and make necessary recommendations to the inventory analyst in case a re-order is needed.
- Coordinate and conduct physical inventory and material reviews on a regular basis to ensure no discrepancy with inventory book values.
- Support inventory analyst to improve inventory management and accuracy.
Demonstrate RC behavior to achieve Company Responsible Care KPIs by,
- Comply with Site safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strictly use job-related PPE for self (and subordinates when applicable).
- Adhere to the EMethanex work permit system (WSCS) while performing any work/activity within EMethanex sites.
- Commit to all RC initiatives such as Training, Health Checks, Industrial Hygiene Programs, Ergonomics programs, Walk Downs, Audits…etc.
- Cease immediately any work/activity should it be threatening or has the potential to threaten lives, Environment, or Properties.
- 100% contractor supervision for all warehouse-related works.
- Educational Qualifications/Specialization:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, with a preference for Accounting or Business Administration backgrounds.
- Trainings & Certifications:
- Warehouse Management and Forklift Driving License.
- Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in operational warehouses within multinational manufacturing organizations.
- Previous experience in industries related to Oil & Gas, such as Fertilizing, Cement, Iron & Steel, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with warehouse management software.
- Capability to safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment.
Apply for Warehouse Operator
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.