Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Closing Date: April 2, 2023
Reports To: DCS Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
To develop and maintain the design, modification, security and reliability of all configurable process control systems and communication systems used to operate Methanex production facilities.
- Set and maintain standards for selection of configurable process control systems and the design, installation and maintenance of the software and documentation.
- Develop and maintain systems to guarantee the security of all system software and develop and test recovery plans to restore systems in the event of failure or disaster.
- Develop and maintain maintenance plans to ensure the systems hardware and software are operating with the optimal efficiency and reliability.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis for all system failures and identify the system modifications, upgrades, or changes required to prevent these.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the Control Systems Supervisor and Technicians, Instrument and Electrical Project Engineers, and the Operations department on configurable control systems.
- Identify system training requirements for Maintenance Technicians, DCS Technicians and system users to carry out all required front-line maintenance duties and input these into the Maintenance training plan.
- Maintain an overview of current and future technology trends and make recommendations for system enhancements or replacements which are financially justifiable.
Provide input to strategic plans which address the economic life cycle of installed systems.
- Develop operating budgets for designated areas and propose capital budget items as required.
Manage the budgets for any allocated work.
- Develop of engineering briefs, and provide technical advice and assistance as required to the Project group to allow the development of detailed engineering scopes of work and designs.
- Directly manage systems project work where this is the most effective use of resources.
- Supervise the design, modification, operation, security and reliability of all communication systems used to operate Methanex production facilities.
- Ensure there is effective integration with the other groups of the Maintenance department, and with other departments.
- Control Systems Trade Certificate or equivalent
- An accomplished Control Systems Technician with at least 10 years Maintenance experience in the Petrochemical or oil and gas industries
- Specialised knowledge and experience with DCS and PLC systems
- Specialised knowledge and experience with industrial data communications and SCADA systems.
- Ability to problem solve, diagnose and identify solutions
- Excellent computer skills
- Good decision making skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm Sunday, 2 April 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Systems Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.