Superintendent, Site Safety and Emergency Response
Date Posted: May 17, 2023
Closing Date: June 18, 2023
Reports To: Manager, Responsible Care
Provides effective Quality, Industrial Hygiene, Site Safety, Environment, and Emergency Response preparedness for the plant and its onsite/offsite (Cairo & Damietta) related activities at all times. This includes rescue, fire, safety, hazardous material, compliance, quality management, and transportation in line with company policies, standards and procedures, international standards, and local legal requirements.
- Oversees the RC shifts and leads the site safety, emergency response, industrial hygiene, environment, and quality Teams.
- Prepares site safety, emergency response, quality, environment, and industrial hygiene turnaround and shutdown plans and supervises execution.
- Ensures the company’s control of work processes (Work Control Safety System – WSCS) and the emergency response plans are effectively complied with on site by staff and contractors during normal operations, turnarounds, and shutdowns (planned/unplanned).
- Participates/leads in site audits/inspections, incident investigations, pre-start up safety reviews, risk assessments, and other hazard identification/risk management workshops.
- Ensures the compliance with corporate, international, and local management systems (e.g., GIMS, RCOE, RC & CIAC, Management System Review, Internal Audit, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with international ISO standards (9001, 14001, 45001, etc.)
- Supervises RC team members through on the job coaching, training, work execution, evaluation, and assessment.
- Organize, supervise, and coordinate training programs and qualification of personnel related to emergency response (theorical & practical). Maintains the competence of response teams through specific training, drills, on the job coaching, evaluation, and assessment
- Develops safety management system control of work and emergency/pandemic response processes.
- Prepare and deliver RC trainings to staff and contractors.
- Oversees the implementation of the company’s Safety programs.
- Oversees the company’s waste management and industrial hygiene programs
- Actively represent Methanex Egypt in local and international committees, organizations and government control agencies concerned with Safety, Emergency Response, industrial hygiene, environment, and quality
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent science/engineering degrees inline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in site safety, Emergency Management, industrial hygiene, environment and quality in Oil and Gas industries.
- A master’s degree in Health, Safety and Emergency Response Management or other certification (e.g. NEBOSH, CSP, IOSH) is preferred but not a must.
Knowledge with the Egyptian fire protection codes and standards
Knowledge of Egypt’s Labour Law HSE Regulations.
Knowledge of the international standards related to fire fighting and emergency response (i.e. NFPA, British standard, ICS, etc.).
Knowledge in Process safety management.
Knowledge of IHEQ
Knowledge of the United Nations Sustainability Goals.
Experience in auditing
Knowledge of Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Plot plans and equipment spacing, and properties and hazards of material and material interaction
Apply for Superintendent, Site Safety and Emergency Response
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.