Reliability and Maintenance Engineer
Date Posted: February 13, 2024
Closing Date: February 27, 2024
Location: New Plymouth
Provide reliability engineering analysis and associated reporting for Methanex New Zealand assets to achieve plant availability and reliability requirements.
Provide engineering support to the maintenance department while complying with all relevant and statutory legislation while meeting the requirements of all internal Methanex standards and procedures.
• Provide technical analysis, reporting and recommendations to the business on plant reliability performance; identifying potential reliability concerns, plant inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
• Monitor and report on progress of key reliability initiatives and results of initiatives/improvements.
• Provides engineering support to the Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Technicians
• Provides a service for the completion of Maintenance PCR paperwork.
• Determine the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to improve reliability processes and equipment performance to avoid failures.
• Analyse plant data in order to identify long-term trends; engaging with and support subject matter experts to identify opportunities and action plans to improve plant/equipment availability and reliability.
• Provide reliability engineering assessments for relevant capital and major maintenance projects.
• Develop analysis methods in order to provide clear and transparent ways to analyse plant and equipment reliability.
• Support root cause analysis for all significant reliability incidents in order that actions may be taken to improve future plant reliability.
• Support the Maintenance, Technical and Operations Department Managers in developing the long-term reliability strategy.
• Lead and contribute as a member of the New Zealand Reliability Team; ensuring current vulnerabilities are being managed appropriately, learnings from reliability incidents are established and implemented and new opportunities for improvement are explored and developed.
• Keep updated and abreast of new legislation, a change of legislation or any technical developments that governs reliability engineering.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience in reliability or maintenance would be advantageous
• Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical)
• Experience in Maintenance/Engineering
• Knowledge of reliability techniques and analysis
• Ability to conduct in-depth analysis and develop comprehensive reports
• Knowledge of predictive and preventative maintenance systems
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
• Knowledge of work planning and project management
• Ability to utilise software e.g. Excel, Word, CMMS Systems
• Capacity to exercise sound judgement, initiative and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and adaptive
• Knowledge of relevant New Zealand legislation and best practice in reliability engineering
Applications close Tuesday, 27 February 2024 NZT
Apply for Reliability and Maintenance Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.