Date Posted: January 19, 2023
Closing Date: February 22, 2023
Reports To: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Provide technical support to maintain an audit ready laboratory through continuous improvement and implementation of quality standards and processes. To assist with plant process monitoring and optimisation and to certify the quality of product and effluent produced on Methanex New Zealand Sites.
- To be responsible for the operation of the laboratory in the absence of the Laboratory Supervisor and other senior staff.
- To contribute to continuous improvement of Laboratory Quality Management System through instigating system improvements (e.g., Quality System, Environment, Health & Safety, and Laboratory Results Database). Ensures and promotes adherence to existing systems.
- Manage all improvements, and ensure adherence, to the Laboratory Quality Management System including all changes to controlled documentation.
- Manage the internal audit schedule of the laboratory, including both technical and quality systems.
- Participate in external audits as required.
- Maintain up to date laboratory training resources for both laboratory and operations shift staff.
- Assist in the training of other laboratory staff and Methanex employees, including shift operators.
- Maintain laboratory training records for both laboratory and operation shift staff.
- Manage purchasing to ensure the laboratory maintains optimal levels of consumables and critical supplies to ensure continuous operation of the laboratory.
- Carry out sample collection, analysis and reporting including advising customers of results according to appropriate priority.
- Provide an accurate and efficient analytical service to customers. Interpret results using process knowledge. Compile results and produce reports or certificates.
- Identify and report all unusual results as soon as practical.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the day-to-day workflow efficiencies.
- Perform scheduled quality control on instruments.
- Identify and solve problems with laboratory equipment and methods.
- Commission new laboratory equipment and develop methods.
- Complete project work or additional responsibilities as requested by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Participate, along with other laboratory staff members, in the provision of after hour’s laboratory services.
- BSc (Chemistry) or equivalent.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a quality control laboratory.
- Experience in a petrochemical plant environment (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation, preferably including, ICP, GC, HPLC, UV/Vis.
- Working knowledge of LIMS systems.
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4pm, Wednesday 22 February 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for QA/QC Chemist
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.