Date Posted: May 19, 2023
Closing Date: June 5, 2023
Reports To: Mechanical Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Through the use of trade qualifications, skills and expertise, ensures that Methanex NZ’s plant and equipment is efficiently maintained in a cost effective manner, in order to meet production requirements. This will be achieved by developing and using appropriate methods and standards.
Provide mechanical maintenance expertise in work planning, co-ordination, implementation of work and supervision on a day to day basis.
- Provide a Maintenance Service involving repair, fabrication and modification of plant equipment and installations of new plant and related systems
- Ensure all mechanical equipment is overhauled and repaired using problem solving root cause analysis and defects engineered out
- Assist in the continued revision of parts and equipment documentation, implementing change where appropriate
- Assist with project design, implementation and management when requested
- Thorough knowledge of rotating equipment including turbines, pumps, gearboxes, fans etc and repair of them
- Update CMMS – Provide documentation of work performed, supplies, and services used and other items that will be required to plan and control maintenance activities
- Utilise computer system to obtain parts, enter work requests and purchase requisitions.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems in Mechanical equipment
- Provide support in coordinating and scheduling outage related Mechanical work
- Ensure that all maintenance and minor modifications to the plant are implemented in accordance with Methanex standards and Best Practices and are in compliance with all relevant New Zealand legislation.
- Develop checklist, workpack, work procedures and schedules for the plant
- Read and interpret equipment drawings and prepare material lists
- Implementation of Preventative Maintenance program
- Recommend modifications to processes, procedures, repairs or equipment to increase plant and maintenance efficiency
- Coordinating and monitoring spare parts and material requirements
- Communicating/Reporting – Participate in daily toolbox meetings as well as monthly department meetings, prepare Preventative Maintenance Reports, write reports in Maximo on the completion of each job for sign-off and history purposes
- Day to Day supervision of work groups
- Provide 24 hours on-call assistance as part of a formal roster.
- National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Level 4) or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Several years’ experience in the Petrochemical/oil/gas/refinery maintenance environment
- Extensive experience in all aspects of mechanical maintenance needs
- Experience in maintaining an industrial plant
- Experience with maintenance overhaul of rotating equipment
- Experience with laser alignment of rotating equipment
- Experience with high pressure steam raising plant and associated equipment
- Experience within a machine shop using lathes, milling machines and associated equipment
- Experience with basic vibration analysis
- Experience with Predictive and Preventative Maintenance programs
- Working knowledge of Plant operations
- Strong leadership skills with ability to impart knowledge to people
- Good organisational and planning skills – capable of planning routine and shutdown work
- Able to read and interpret engineering and mechanical drawings
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills including experience using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience with Industrial Maintenance practices and systems
- Good team player
- Ability to see and analyse key issues
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm, Monday 5 June 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Mechanical Technician
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.