Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Closing Date: March 26, 2023
Reports To: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Use mechanical engineering expertise and appropriate resources to ensure that work is completed safely, in a cost-effective manner, within budget and schedule and to the standards required.
- Completes Mechanical / Piping Engineering deliverables to ensure the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Delivers well engineered plant improvement in accordance with Methanex project standards, procedures and compliance with New Zealand legislation.
- Develops scopes of work for Mechanical / piping projects covering engineering investigations, detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages for approval to the Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Obtains producer statements, design verification and statutory approval where required.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department on general mechanical engineering problems.
- Assists in the design approval process on assigned projects to ensure input from the appropriate disciplines and that changes are made to the design as required.
- BE, BSc or Tertiary Mechanical Engineering Qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering ideally to include aspects from conceptual development, design and through execution, construction and close out.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering standards and procedures and industry best practice including New Zealand statutory regulations relating to mechanical design.
- Experience in mechanical engineering and design of plant, pressure and rotating equipment and piping design.
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 5.00pm, Sunday 26 March 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.