Date Posted: April 14, 2023
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
Reports To: Site Services Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
To support the Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians in the execution of all maintenance activities.
- Provide assistance to Technicians during the execution of maintenance activities.
- Operate specialised vehicles used in maintenance activities including, but not limited to, trucks, forklifts, cranes, and elevated working platforms.
- Provide services associated with the rigging and lifting of items; ensuring appropriate techniques are employed and ensuring the condition of appropriate lifting/rigging equipment is fit for use.
- Ensure preventative maintenance compliance with regards to the inspection and testing of all lifting/rigging equipment.
- Organise the destruction or repair of any defective equipment as required, ensuring equipment is not used until defective equipment has been repaired.
- Perform semi-skilled engineering tasks as appropriate, such as use of hand tools, power tools, operation of workshop equipment and other routine maintenance activities.
- Perform rotating equipment lubrication sampling, checks and reporting.
- Maintain the plant environment and equipment, ensuring it is kept clean and in good condition.
- Supervise service work groups and specific activities as required.
- Complete high-quality work reporting in the Maximo system.
- Adhere to appropriate standards and guidelines, ensuring all work complies with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- HT licence
- Forklift licence
- JLG licence (elevated work platform)
- Riggers certificate
- Mobile crane licence
- Gantry/overhead crane operation
- Dangerous goods licence
- Experience with mechanical maintenance activities, workshop equipment and tools
- Experience with cranes, lifting and rigging equipment and techniques
- Experience with scaffolding and painting
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with a wide cross section of people
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm, Sunday 30 April 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Maintenance Assistant
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.