Date Posted: April 14, 2023
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
Reports To: Site Services Supervisor
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
To support the Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians in the execution of all maintenance activities.
- Provide assistance to Technicians during the execution of maintenance activities.
- Operate specialised vehicles used in maintenance activities including, but not limited to, trucks, forklifts, cranes, and elevated working platforms.
- Provide services associated with the rigging and lifting of items; ensuring appropriate techniques are employed and ensuring the condition of appropriate lifting/rigging equipment is fit for use.
- Ensure preventative maintenance compliance with regards to the inspection and testing of all lifting/rigging equipment.
- Organise the destruction or repair of any defective equipment as required, ensuring equipment is not used until defective equipment has been repaired.
- Perform semi-skilled engineering tasks as appropriate, such as use of hand tools, power tools, operation of workshop equipment and other routine maintenance activities.
- Perform rotating equipment lubrication sampling, checks and reporting.
- Maintain the plant environment and equipment, ensuring it is kept clean and in good condition.
- Supervise service work groups and specific activities as required.
- Complete high-quality work reporting in the Maximo system.
- Adhere to appropriate standards and guidelines, ensuring all work complies with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- HT licence
- Forklift licence
- JLG licence (elevated work platform)
- Riggers certificate
- Mobile crane licence
- Gantry/overhead crane operation
- Dangerous goods licence
- Experience with mechanical maintenance activities, workshop equipment and tools
- Experience with cranes, lifting and rigging equipment and techniques
- Experience with scaffolding and painting
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with a wide cross section of people
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm, Sunday 30 April 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Maintenance Assistant
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.