IT Graduate – Infrastructure
Date Posted: June 18, 2023
Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Reports To: IT Business Relationship Lead
|As an IT system and Infra-Analyst Graduate, you will serve as a liaison between IT and end users and works with business partners to analyze requirements and produce specifications for technology changes, administers and manages both Passive and active network equipment & the operations of computer systems, servers, and end-user workstations and data centers Maintenance. The position will be solid reporting into the IT Business Relationship Lead and dotted for the first year and a half to the Service Desk Team leader and then to the System analyst.|
- Systems Monitoring and Maintenance: Monitor the performance and availability of servers, networks, and other IT systems to ensure optimal functionality. Proactively identify and resolve issues related to system performance, security vulnerabilities, and capacity planning. Perform routine maintenance tasks, including updates, patches, and backups, to ensure system reliability.
- Incident and Problem Management: Respond to and resolve IT incidents reported by end-users. Follow established procedures to investigate and diagnose system issues, applying troubleshooting techniques and problem-solving skills. Escalate and collaborate with other IT teams or vendors to resolve complex problems in a timely manner. Document incident details, resolutions, and preventive measures taken for future reference.
- Infrastructure Support: Provide support for the organization’s IT infrastructure, including servers, storage systems, network devices, and peripheral equipment. Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software components. Collaborate with vendors and other IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve hardware or software-related issues.
- Security and Compliance: Assist in implementing and maintaining security measures to protect the organization’s IT infrastructure and data. Monitor and report security incidents, vulnerabilities, and breaches. Adhere to established security policies and procedures. Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging security threats.
- User Support: Respond to user inquiries and provide technical assistance to end-users regarding hardware, software, and network-related issues. Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals. Ensure timely and effective communication with users, providing clear instructions and documentation.
- Documentation and Knowledge Management: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to system configurations, network topologies, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures. Contribute to knowledge management systems to enable efficient issue resolution and knowledge sharing within the IT team.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as application developers, database administrators, and security specialists, & vendors to ensure seamless integration and operation of IT systems. Participate in project teams for system upgrades, migrations, or deployments, providing technical expertise and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information systems or Computer Science.
- Previous work experience in a technical field is not necessary but would be an advantage.
- Experience using help desk ticketing software, incident troubleshooting, and escalation.
- Strong understanding of IT systems, networks, and infrastructure components.
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux), virtualization, and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, firewalls, and security principles.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware and software issues. Very good command of English skills verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to identify, prioritize, and solve IT systems-related problems
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills, successful in working both independently and in a team environment.
Apply for IT Graduate – Infrastructure
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.