Graduate Process Engineer
Date Posted: August 8, 2023
Closing Date: September 3, 2023
Location: New Plymouth
Duration: Fixed-Term - 3 Years
Process Engineering team by performing process engineering tasks assigned, using appropriate resources and expertise in order to achieve daily operational excellence, drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability, and/or minimise risk of harm to people, risk of harm to the environment or risk of lost production.
- Perform routine duties that require application and knowledge of basic engineering principles.
- Support the Process Engineers to ensure that an effective process engineering service is consistently provided to the organisation in order to achieve daily excellence in the areas of plant operation, reliability, safety, productivity, efficiency and management of change.
- Support delivery of continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and/or minimise overall risk of harm to people and the environment.
- Provide process engineering support for plant changes and participate in hazard/risk reviews required for all plant changes.
- Contribute to the improvement of the safety in design performance of Methanex NZ through application of learnings from incidents.
- Support the culture and initiatives of reliability within the Technical team and provide necessary support to the business wide reliability focus.
- Ensure legislation and Methanex standards are complied with, and proposed changes/updates are communicated.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Process Safety Management (PSM) to minimise overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention through timely close out of assigned PSM element corrective actions.
- Assist in generating relevant reports as required to meet business needs.
- BE(Hons) in Chemical, Materials, Process Engineering Qualification
- Some understanding or knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice
- Reasonable level of knowledge of the petrochemical industry
- Familiar with process engineering software packages such as HYSYS
- Some understanding of project management fundamentals
- Some awareness of a safety culture in process engineering
- Reasoning and analysis potential
- Recognise important relationships and ability to contribute to and work within a team.
- Achievement / delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
- Inquisitive / desire to learn, self-motivated, can take initiative and willing to ask questions.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close Sunday 3 September 2023 NZT, 4pm.
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Graduate Process Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.