Executive Assistant – Managing Director & Leadership Team
Date Posted: May 18, 2023
Closing Date: June 18, 2023
Reports To: Managing Director
To proactively support and assist the day to day running of the MD and Country leadership team office and ensure timely flow of information and communication. The position incumbent will uphold the highest degree of professionalism and maintain absolute confidentiality on all manners related to the CLT affairs and activities.
Managing Director and Country Leadership Team Administration:
- Exercise judgment in responding to general inquiries while preserving confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the timely flow of information to the MD and Country Leadership Team.
- Pro-actively relieve MD and Country Leadership Team of administrative work and assist with ad-hoc needs and requirements as required
- Composition of correspondence. Preparing and administering various reports and presentations and initiating and completing miscellaneous projects as directed by the MD and Country Leadership Team.
- Promote good relationships with other administrative assistants in the company to ensure excellent communication and coordination.
- Assist in preparing for all meetings (Board materials, CLT pre-reads, team briefs, bios, etc).
- Assist with booking meetings for the MD and CLT and organize time effectively, including personal appointments.
- Keep the contact database up to date and scan all business cards
- Provide relief support to other administrative staff and reception cover as required.
- Assist in the set-up of CLT meetings (phone, in-person, teams), and organize catering as required.
- Provide assistance to ELT members when in Egypt.
- Assist with the CLT document management system ensuring it is maintained and updated in a timely manner.
Event Planning and Travel Arrangements
- Responsible for various event planning such as quarterly and global meetings, social events, etc; including all of the researching, planning, budgeting, and coordination to ensure successful events.
- Provide assistance in organizing the annual Leadership meetings, which include researching off-site team building, and coordinating transportation.
- Coordinate business and personal travel for the MD and CLT and his family; prepare travel folders, organize visas, book flights, cars, hotels, meetings, etc.
Expense Reports and Budgets:
- Monitor budget and help to identify areas for potential G&A cost reduction i.e. travel costs, memberships, etc.
- Compile monthly expense reports and vacation summaries for the MD and CLT.
- Assist in checking MD’s direct reports’ expense accounts for validity and cost-effectiveness as required.
- Assist the MD and CLT in carefully checking all meeting invoices, question items if warranted, and check addition. Keep track of the deadlines for deposits.
Model and foster Methanex’s organizational culture and norms:
- Manage the development of my own career by participating in professional and on-the-job development activities, communicating career aspirations, and implementing development plans.
- Accomplish results by preparing annual goals, soliciting feedback on performance, maintaining communications, understanding expectations, identifying improvement opportunities and following systems, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Support the Responsible Care ethic through personal behavior and taking responsibility for own actions. Maintain a safe, healthy and sustainable work environment by participating in educational opportunities, working in a manner that protects the safety of self and co-workers, identifying and bringing forward workplace concerns, being aware of and following organizational standards and policies (such as the Code of Business Conduct and other corporate and departmental policies), and adhering to legal requirements.
- Be a leader by demonstrating in all people interactions respect, integrity, ethics, trust and professionalism; being open to new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to Methanex and helping others accomplish related job activities.
Board of Director Support and Legal Governance:
- Provide administrative assistance to EMethanex CEO and CFO regarding the management of relationships with the board of directors and shareholders representatives.
- Provide assistance to the CEO and CFO with Board related activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of board materials and packages, presentations and reports.
- Keep an updated list of board members, shareholders, members of the General Assembly, and invitees.
- Dispatch invitations to board and General Assembly meetings and keep track on list of attendees and proxies, if any.
- Produce draft board minutes and follow up with recipients to receive their input, finalize and send to company legal advisor for inscription in the board book.
- Keep an updated list of and proper filing of the board resolutions and board minutes of meetings.
- Assist the CEO in any Arabic language communication needed for external distribution, (i.e. letters to the government or shareholders of the company, etc.), as well as any other administrative assistance as needed.
- Support board coordination, develop and issue Board and General assembly meeting minutes, and liaise and follow up with the company legal advisor (if required) to ensure that the commercial register is up to date.
- Support the company in administrative and legal procedures to authenticate and legalize company documents.
- Follow up with legal advisors for completion of registration formalities at the investment authority and update the company commercial register, if required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role is preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or an equivalent degree.
- Proven administrative skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Experience with logistics and event organization.
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, responsive to changing business conditions and customer requests.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Apply for Executive Assistant – Managing Director & Leadership Team
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.