Date Posted: May 29, 2023
Closing Date: June 11, 2023
Reports To: Management Accounting Team Leader
Location: New Plymouth
The Capital Accountant is responsible for providing capital reporting and analysis to allow optimisation of capital spend for the NZ business.
- Monitor and report on current and future capital projects, ensuring compliance with legislation, codes of practice and Methanex principles.
- Maintain the capital expenditure plan and analyse proposed projects to optimise the relevant portfolio to deliver maximum value/risk reduction to NZ capital Plan.
- Support and provide financial input into the creation of the 3 year capital plan.
- Provide analytical/economic modelling to support various commercial activities.
- Complete reporting as required to allow capital management decision making, including project and standard reporting processes.
- Complete any financial close out work associated with the projects, including capitalisation and post project completion audits.
- Build effective hierarchical cost structures with Planners and Project Leads, coordinating the development of budgets for each project structure.
- Record, monitor and control the budgets and forecast with each project, effectively managing expenditure profiles against company funding.
- Maintain the fixed asset register (tax and accounting) including running monthly depreciation, fixed asset and WIP reconciliation.
- Process project and other ad-hoc journals as business requires.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase business understanding and role efficiency.
- Prepare and maintain Sarbanes Oxley narratives for all activities relevant to this position.
- Tertiary degree in Accounting, CA qualified or working towards qualification
- A minimum of three – five years post graduate experience, preferably including experience in capital management and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with financial modelling theories and principles
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm, Sunday 11 June 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Capital Accountant
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.