Date Posted: May 29, 2023
Closing Date: June 11, 2023
Reports To: Management Accounting Team Leader
Location: New Plymouth
The Capital Accountant is responsible for providing capital reporting and analysis to allow optimisation of capital spend for the NZ business.
- Monitor and report on current and future capital projects, ensuring compliance with legislation, codes of practice and Methanex principles.
- Maintain the capital expenditure plan and analyse proposed projects to optimise the relevant portfolio to deliver maximum value/risk reduction to NZ capital Plan.
- Support and provide financial input into the creation of the 3 year capital plan.
- Provide analytical/economic modelling to support various commercial activities.
- Complete reporting as required to allow capital management decision making, including project and standard reporting processes.
- Complete any financial close out work associated with the projects, including capitalisation and post project completion audits.
- Build effective hierarchical cost structures with Planners and Project Leads, coordinating the development of budgets for each project structure.
- Record, monitor and control the budgets and forecast with each project, effectively managing expenditure profiles against company funding.
- Maintain the fixed asset register (tax and accounting) including running monthly depreciation, fixed asset and WIP reconciliation.
- Process project and other ad-hoc journals as business requires.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase business understanding and role efficiency.
- Prepare and maintain Sarbanes Oxley narratives for all activities relevant to this position.
- Tertiary degree in Accounting, CA qualified or working towards qualification
- A minimum of three – five years post graduate experience, preferably including experience in capital management and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with financial modelling theories and principles
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close 4.00pm, Sunday 11 June 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
Apply for Capital Accountant
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.