Provides effective process and utilities engineering services to Methanex USA in order to achieve daily operational excellence and to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability, and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people, risk of harm to the environment, or risk of lost production.
Supports the project team by taking a lead role in engineering during the FEED study, detailed engineering phase and continuing through plant commissioning and start-up.
- Supports the Lead Process Engineer to ensure an effective process engineering service is consistently provided to the Operations Department in order to achieve daily excellence in the areas of plant operation, reliability, safety, productivity, and efficiency.
- Identifies, evaluates, and executes continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people and the environment.
- Participates in hazard/risk reviews required for all plant modifications. Able to act as a leader at review meetings for projects in line with experience.
- Provides process design for improvement projects at the Geismar site and supports process design needs for other sites as needed.
- Performs duties of the Lead Process Engineer in their absence.
- Provides project support by taking a lead role in engineering during the design, construction, and start-up phases of the project. Including reviewing data sheets, design details, PID’s, PFD’s, and providing recommendations on equipment and material selections. During the commissioning and start up phases provides detailed guidance to Operations staff, assists with the writing of operating and technical manuals and complex loop development.
- Develops and verifies QAQC documentation for the punch list and turnover packages.
- Acts as a mentor to the less experienced engineers in the department.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of PSM to minimize overall risk of harm to people, the environment or loss prevention.
- Participates in the auditing process with senior engineers.
- Improves the safety in design performance of Methanex Geismar through application of learnings from incidents at other sites.
Plays a key role in the Management of Change (MOC) process, acting as PCR lead on plant changes being managed by the department. Ensures that all requirements of the change management process are met.
- Provides technical input and recommendations to support Operations, Commercial Manager, and Finance in relation to gas utilization planning to ensure Methanex meets their nomination commitments.
- Supports the annual variable cost budgeting effort.
- Assists the Finance Department with production accounting.
- Produces reports on current and projected plant production for regional and global customers.
- Ensures that an effective process engineering service to the Operations Department is consistently provided in order to achieve daily excellence in the areas of plant operation with particular support in defining daily targets such as; plant rate, operating conditions/profiles, inventory management and short term shutdown/start-up planning.
- Provides process monitoring and engineering input into process parameter adjustments and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Provides incoming and effluent water treatment support to the Operations Department.
- Reviews operating procedures that require process engineering input.
- Provides engineering service to the Operations Department in order to achieve long term (>6months) excellence in the areas of plant performance with support in achieving targets in reliability, safety, productivity, efficiency and plant change.
- Identifies, evaluates and executes continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and/or minimize overall risk of harm to people, as well as the environment.
- Manages and completes work to meet or exceed relevant process and project KPIs.
- Aids in the development of isolation and clearing plans for processes, as well as contractor oversight as necessary.
- Supports the culture and initiatives of reliability within the Technical team and provides necessary support to maintenance reliability focus.
Assists with development and mentoring of junior level engineers.
Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 15+ years of experience in Process / Utilities Engineering encompassing aspects such as troubleshooting, monitoring, conceptual design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Extensive operational and plant related experience working within a hydrocarbon or chemical processing environment.
- Proven experience with technical activities associated with Turnaround events.
- Proven experience with development of capital projects, feasibility studies and engineering design.
- Well versed in working with process engineering software packages such as HYSYS.
- Competent user of standard computing packages (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Familiarity with API, ASME and ANSI standards.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.