Summer Intern – Assistant Process Engineer
Date Posted: June 26, 2023
Closing Date: July 23, 2023
Location: New Plymouth
To assist in opportunities available to improve the efficiency of the Process Engineering team and other
projects to be undertaken by the team.
• Asset Framework Calculations: Create/update calculations which are based on live plant data to
determine the efficiency of individual process units/equipment and the overall site.
• Calculation Templates: Review/updating/creation of standard calculation templates in excel.
• HMB updates: Updating of the existing Heat and Mass Balances for the Motunui site post Distillation
Debottlenecking based on the updated HYSYS model. HYSYS model results will need to be compared
against actual plant data and modifications made where required.
• Gain a basic understanding of how the plant produces methanol and how it is operated by spending
time with Operations staff.
• Participates in hazard/risk reviews as required for all plant changes
• Support the other Process Engineers to assist them delivering process engineering elements of Plant
Change Requests as required.
• Results driven and goal orientated
• Well organised
• Communicates well within own group and other departments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Particular attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Ability to utilise initiative and seek more information when required.
• Completed 2nd or 3rd year of Chemical and Process or Chemical and Materials Engineering degree
• Intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with process simulation software (preferably HYSYS but Symmetry/Unisim/etc acceptable)
• Ability to work with others
• Full NZ Drivers License and access to a vehicle as there is no public transport available to work site
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close Sunday, 23 July 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page
Apply for Summer Intern – Assistant Process Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.