Summer Intern – Assistant Mechanical Engineer
Date Posted: June 26, 2023
Closing Date: July 23, 2023
Location: New Plymouth
To provide mechanical engineering support for a plant piping change using the Plant Change Request
(PCR) process and support updating of Methanex NZ piping specifications.
- Assist Mechanical Project Engineers in the engineering and construction planning of plant piping
- Engineering tasks to be completed using mechanical engineering knowledge to assist in the
- completion of PCR work. This includes piping design using established Codes and Standards, both
- by hand as well as by using current design software.
- Continue with the development of revised piping specifications to optimise engineering and
- construction of future piping projects ensuring these align with modern best practices.
- Complete all tasks in a professional manner whilst ensuring compliance with Methanex policies
- and procedures.
- Gain an insight into the production of Methanol and be involved in the day to day operation of a
- petro-chemical facility.
- Working within a dynamic mechanical team as well as a multidiscipline team of Instrument,
- Electrical and Process Engineers, as well as with Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Working side by side with experienced engineers to further enhance technical and project
- management experience.
- Exposure to the various mechanical engineering facets at our facility, such as:
- Piping design and specifications
- Pipe stressing
- Inspection and non-destructive testing
- Static equipment design and operation
- Rotating equipment design and operation
- Decision Making
- Ethics and Values
- Problem Solving
- Well organised
- Results driven and goal orientated
- Communicates well within own group and other departments
- Adapts well to change
- Completed 2nd or 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering degree
- Competent in MSOffice suite of products
- Ability to pick up new software systems in the workplace
- The role will introduce the candidate to a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- as well as AutoPIPE (piping design software)
- NZ Drivers License and access to a vehicle as there is no public transport available to work site
To apply for this position, click “Apply Now”
Applications close Sunday, 23 July 2023 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page
Apply for Summer Intern – Assistant Mechanical Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.