Senior Engineer, TAR Static Equipment
Date Posted: May 21, 2023
Closing Date: June 15, 2023
Reports To: Manager, TAR
Responsible for turnaround scoping and planning for static equipment, securing spares, and resources, developing WBS, and managing the schedule during the execution phase.
Lead and guide Static Equipment Engineers, and contractor team during turnaround/shutdown and ensure team members are complying with company RC policies and procedures and meeting Turnaround targets and KPIs.
- Develop and optimize the turnaround scope of work (SOW), and RC requirements to guarantee work accomplished within approved company procedures, policies, and targets in a cost-efficient way.
- Select, train, and develop contractor individuals to fit into Methanex Culture and have company-accepted performance and competency levels.
- Provide contractors with proper tools, equipment, documents, and work instructions to guarantee all tasks are performed as per company-approved quality and safety standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure contractors utilize proper and sufficient safety gear and work under company-approved procedures to secure a safe and incident-free working environment.
- Ensure and enforce contractors’ attendance, positive participation, and engagement in all relevant company safety communication sessions and safety programs (TBT’s, training, campaigns, etc) to increase safety awareness, enhance safety performance, and meet company targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure all site activities hazards and proper risk assessment are addressed and delivered to contractors to ensure safe management of site activities along with site rules.
- Develop and revise Shutdown & Turnaround plans and schedules.
- Manage turnaround resources and budget allocation.
- Manage shutdowns and turnaround execution to meet company objectives in the areas of Responsible Care, Quality, Schedule, and Cost, this will include the development of turnaround plans and analysis of required resources, following up closely with the shutdown team on the preparation, execution, and feedback of the turnaround plans.
- Track and update shutdown and turnaround progress and develop appropriate reports to all concerned stakeholders.
- Recommend corrective and preventive measures to restore any deviation from the original shutdown plan,
- Contribute and lead multidisciplinary teams and develops tactical strategies (staging plans) for planning and execution of shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Develop and maintain contingency plans and prioritize contingency lists based on risk to people, environment, production, and equipment.
- Plan scenarios and prepare for possible events based on the contingency list.
- Continuously communicate – and report as appropriate – with other departments (Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, and RC) to ensure plant vulnerability and reliability issues are addressed, investigated, and effective action plans are in place.
- Use Management of Change System (MOC) to improve and modify discipline activities.
- Deliver the required support for Multidiscipline activities on time to align overall progress plans.
- Demonstrate team player attitude while dealing with other departments to ensure seamless interaction of common interest activities.
– Minimum of 10 years of experience in Static Equipment maintenance and inspection in the Oil, Gas, or Petrochemical industry
– Proven experience in the maintenance of static equipment including Piping systems, Heat Exchangers, Valves, Boilers, Tanks, Vessels, Distillation Towers, Cooling Towers, PSVs, steam traps, Reformers, and Cryogenic piping components
– Proven experience in turnaround/shutdown planning and scheduling
– B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
– Technical Certifications (ASME, API, TEMA, ASTM), will be an advantage
– Project Management Certification (e.g., PMP), will be an advantage
– Proven experience in the usage of enterprise asset management systems (Preferred Maximo)
– Excellent knowledge of maintenance planning tools (MS Project or Primavera)
– Excellent knowledge of project management processes
Apply for Senior Engineer, TAR Static Equipment
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.