Public Affairs Graduate
Date Posted: April 11, 2023
Closing Date: May 1, 2023
Reports To: Senior Communications Advisor
As a Graduate, you will join a team of Public Relations and Communications professionals focused on building, enhancing and protecting the company’s brand and reputation through the deployment of a comprehensive strategy. Your learning and development will be enhanced by working with a diverse team who will help you to realize your potential.
You will work and gain knowledge in the following areas:
- External Communications: Stakeholder engagement, Brand management, Event management & Media relations.
- Internal Communications: Promote positive awareness of the company through internal communications, prepare informative materials and internal announcements, ensure all communication is consistent with the brand image, draft and edit content for organizational publications and employee newsletter
- Social Responsibility: Support in delivering the Social Responsibility strategy in alignment with the company’s Social Responsibility guidelines and the wider external and internal stakeholder engagement strategy, work closely with the team to ensure all CIAC SR and community engagement requirements are met, support in the formulation of community engagement key messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- Content writing experience for different communication materials and media platforms.
- Experience in translation, copywriting, proofreading, and editing in both English and Arabic.
- Understanding of principles and practices of corporate communications including external communication, internal communications, public relations and social media management.
- Knowledge of video editing and photoshop/InDesign is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience in community relations is a plus.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills, strong ownership and ability to develop plans and actions.
- Creative thinking skills and ability to generate new ideas.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Apply for Public Affairs Graduate
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.