Mechanical Maintenance Graduate
Date Posted: February 1, 2024
Closing Date: February 25, 2024
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
As a Mechanical Graduate trainee, you will be developed in various areas; shadowing various staff members, participating in reach learning experiences where you will learn how to ensure that the equipment is operated, maintained, and working reliably. You will be part of a strong learning and mentoring culture, where each Graduate is assigned a Mentor/ Supervisor for support in the Graduate’s personal and professional development. You will also receive on-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider technical, hands on and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced professionals.
- Work as a team member responsible for operating, monitoring of highest industry technology equipment using up-to-date tools and applying the highest safety and reliability standards.
- Participate in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Support, plan and prepare plant equipment for maintenance activity through applying the highest safety standard level of procedure.
- Actively engage in job shadowing opportunities with our experienced team members and use their expertise to handle daily operations activity.
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and team-building events.
- Conducting research and assisting the Supervisor wherever possible.
- Completing fieldwork or visiting different work sites when required.
- Taking notes on experiences and keeping a log of things learned.
- Compiling reports and making presentations to other staff members.
- Analyzing existing systems and offering new ideas for improvement.
- Understanding project requirements and completing all duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Raising concerns and making suggestions for improvement where appropriate.
- Analyzing data and writing reports according to specifications.
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with the Company’s health, safety, and environment management systems requirements.
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables.
- Observing existing strategies and techniques and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Implement the Maintenance plan (Documentation and Procedures follow-up) to be Aligned with CMMS System.
- Monitor, calculate and report the different maintenance KPIs.
- Increase system availability, and help the operational team with the safety of the system
- Keep track of maintenance activities to improve the maintenance process.
• Previous work experience in a technical field is not necessary but would be an advantage.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Superb time management and professionalism.
• A growth mindset and willingness to accept feedback.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good observation skills and willingness to learn.
• Very good command of English skills.
• Team player with multi-cultural exposure, strong ownership & safety commitment.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to develop plans and actions.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office & Presentations skills.
Apply for Mechanical Maintenance Graduate
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and strive to accommodate anyone who may have specific needs.