Date Posted: April 10, 2023
Reports To: Planning & Scheduling Lead
Works to improve the productivity and efficiency of Maintenance resources and plant assets by eliminating potential delays and reducing downtime of plant and equipment through effective planning and preparation of Instrument and Electrical work.
Provides general assistance to the Maintenance Department with the use and development of the Methanex USA Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ensures accurate plans are developed for execution of non-urgent maintenance work, including major maintenance and contingency plans, to respond to opportunities that arise during planned and unplanned shutdowns.
- Determines the appropriate level of planning required for non-urgent work and ensures effective detailed plans are developed including identification of resources such as spare parts, materials, documentation, statutory requirements and other special requirements.
- Identifies and creates purchase requisitions for any outside services and materials needed to execute work.
- Places demand/orders for all known stock and non-stock items and reflects delivery time within the plan.
- Identifies permitting requirements and incorporates into task planning.
- Develops and maintains planner reference systems (library) including a file of planned job packages for recurring jobs. Equipment and process specific labor and material information within the library are used to simplify the planning of new jobs. Library is maintained on a shared drive.
- Assists Supervisors and I&E Technicians by providing support in coordination of additional resources, materials and parts if scope changes during execution of work.
- Reviews job audit forms of planned versus actuals for standard work plans to gauge accuracy of estimations and identify actions for continuous improvement.
- Provides assistance to Supervisors and Project Managers during execution of major I&E maintenance, coordinating any additional requirements and updating plans accordingly to reflect changes in scope as required.
- Ensures accurate contingency plans are developed to allow for efficient mobilization of resources to execute work and reduce plant risk during times of planned and unplanned plant shutdowns without extending duration of downtime.
- Updates bills of materials and the task list in the CMMS database with changes identified by system users or as a result of plant modifications.
- Becomes familiar with all available CMMS functionality and identifies opportunities for the Maintenance Department to extend its use of the system.
- Works with Schedulers to ensure all I&E available man hours are scheduled weekly.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Assures safety is the #1 priority when planning work.
- Establish and demonstrate behaviors that deliver Excellence in Safety, Quality and Service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Lead and/or Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per the Document Awareness Report from the Document Management Database.
- Participates in local and global teams to execute specific projects and to foster and develop the corporate use of CMMS’s.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Electrical, Instrument and/or Control Systems Technology Trade Certification required.
- 3+ years in a planning role desired.
- 10+ years of experience in an I&E trade in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in an industrial maintenance environment desired.
- Able to effectively communicate with a wide cross section of people.
- An understanding of Maintenance job planning and scheduling techniques.
- Experienced user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. Development and configuration experience would be an advantage. Previous Maximo use would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with work scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Proficient using “Business Intelligence” tools and reporting systems.
- Experienced with Industrial Maintenance practices and systems.
- Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating, resource balancing, etc.
- Good working knowledge of facilities equipment, as well as Operations and Maintenance requirements.
- Strong understanding of proper OSHA safety practices and procedures.
- Strong understanding of skilled crafts such as HVAC, carpentry, electricity and electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing and pipe fitting, etc.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and/or schematic diagrams.
- Good organization skills and technical writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision-making.
- Ability to overcome obstacles and has the organizational skills necessary to complete assignments in a timely manner.
By clicking “Apply Now” you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.
Apply for I&E Planner
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.