Engineer, Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
Date Posted: May 14, 2023
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
Reports To: Superintendent, Planning
Develop the planning and scheduling for the daily and weekly maintenance work. Monitor and control the progress of the maintenance activities. Measure performance and report. Contribute to the planning team’s effort in meeting the department’s goals and KPI’s.
- Implementing company’s planning and scheduling procedures
- Developing work plans that are focused on meeting company’s safety procedures
- Ensuring that the plans and schedules achieve full utilization of resources
- Monitoring progress and controlling the work to ensure compliance with schedule
- Leading the work prioritization during daily planning meetings
- Ensuring that work orders related to safety critical and environmentally critical elements are put on the top priority when scheduling the daily and weekly work
- Developing agile practices to ensure work schedules can absorb any added emergency jobs with minimum impact
- Following-up on shutdown work orders list to ensure that it is continuously updated
- Monitoring and reporting work orders backlog
- Ensuring backlog is well controlled and that its volume is maintained within normal practice
- Ensuring that work orders information on the company’s CMMS are correct and updated
- Ensuring that schedule performance measures are always positive
- Ensuring that cost performance measures are always positive
- Proactively, Integrating the plans of maintenance team with those of other teams such as operations engineering, and RC to ensure success to the main work plan and schedule
- Support the asset management engineer in the implementation of the preventive maintenance inspection plans and its changes into the CMMS
- Managing contractor overtime
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role in an oil & gas / petrochemicals industry.
- B.Sc. in mechanical or instrumentations engineering
- Very good command of English language skills.
- Working knowledge in MS project and Maximo
- Proficient in using other Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Experience in project management and cost estimation techniques
- PMP / CMRP Certification is preferred
- Working knowledge in Primavera is preferred
Apply for Engineer, Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.