Date Posted: August 15, 2023
Reports To: Finance Superintendent
Supports the Finance Superintendent and the Finance function in performing cost management and reporting operating results of Methanex Geismar to leadership.
Supports the finance team in preparing monthly/quarterly financial reporting, validation and analysis of feedstock costs, fixed costs, and helps drive prudent spending.
- Provide high level analysis of cost drivers for fixed and/or variable costs.
- Manages freight invoices and accruals through coordination with the marketing and logistics region.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and completes reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Conducts or supports activities related to product costing, cost analysis, and standard rate calculations.
- Responsible for processing monthly transfer order requests from the North American sales and marketing region and performing the cost true-up at month-end to enable the system to record the monthly Cost of Sales journal entry while managing the Landed Cost Template (LCT).
- Assists with analyzing production and variable cost trend analyses and providing proactive value-add feedback to the site.
- Validates costs per the feedstock contract for the Methanex Geismar facilities.
- Validates variable cost invoices, including natural gas (raw materials) transactions.
- Monitors natural gas imbalances and liaise with Operations Department to minimize monthly imbalances to avoid fees.
- Stays up to date on market prices (natural gas, etc.) to provide early notification of financial impacts to Geismar site.
- Assists with the budgeting and forecasting activities for the site.
- Collaborates with each department manager to update fixed cost forecasts.
- Liaises with Financial Accounting Team while providing cash forecasting input related to the areas of fixed and variables costs.
- Maintains site’s economic impact analysis model and assists with ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Ensures SOX and internal control compliance.
- Prepares and maintains relevant written procedures for position.
- Assists in the development of the Geismar Site Production Plans, Fixed Costs and Variable Costs Budgets.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution required and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Sound knowledge of cost accounting and solid understanding of IFRS.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle financials or other ERP desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization software such as Power BI desirable.
- Good analytical skills with an ability to question information and not accept it at face value.
- Sound knowledge of management accounting and reporting desirable.
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability).
- Good public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team or process efficiency.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality and work well under pressure.
By clicking “Apply Now” you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.
Apply for Cost Accountant
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.