Methanex in China provides support for social responsibility programs that promote education and community health and safety.
Community activities have been carried out as follows:
- Setting up scholarships and carry out the "Responsible Care" lecture each year to students at the Taiyuan University of Technology and the Beijing University of Chemical Technology respectively.
- Carrying out public safety training courses for primary school students in Beijing each year
- Running a university program for summer internships at Methanex Offices
- Supporting several high school students through the Shanghai Sunrise Foundation
- Establishing a computer lab at the Taiyuan Social Welfare Institute and encouraging students from the Taiyuan University of Technology to volunteer as tutors
- Jointly organizing public open day through AICM with our customers and terminal partners each year.
- Developing a greenhouse project in a primary school in Shaanxi province through the China Schools Foundation and helping students learn about plant growing and water conservation
We also encourage employees to get involved in organizations that provide support to communities in need.
Methanex in China also matches employee donations to organizations responding to natural disasters and the recent COVID 19.
We strive to be a respected and valued corporate citizen by creating positive and sustainable impacts in the communities where we operate.
Learn more about our global community investments and initiatives.