To perform monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on plant instrumentation, electrical and control (I/E/C) equipment at the Methanex Geismar facility according to applicable standards.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on plant I/E/C equipment based on a job plan, identifying any abnormalities.
- Use systematic techniques to troubleshoot plant issues, identify root cause and recommend a suitable solution.
- Perform corrective maintenance on failed I/E/C equipment.
- Monitor I/E/C equipment and make recommendations for optimization.
- Supports with the routine planning, coordination and execution of work.
- Prepares job safety analysis (JSA/JHA) documents, identifying risk, mitigation controls and recovery measures.
- Reviews job plans in advance, verifying suitability, plant conditions are correct and material is available.
- Lead work on the plant as a Performing Authority according to Methanex’s Work Safety Control System (WSCS).
- Update logs, complete QA/QC documentation and reports, closing out work orders in a timely manner.
- Assists in the continued revision of parts and equipment documentation, implementing change where appropriate.
- Proactively seeks more efficient ways to design, plan and execute work.
- Ensure all plant maintenance is implemented in accordance with Methanex standards, best practices and all relevant USA legislation.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Available for call-out.
- Support the Reliability team with resolving plant issues.
- Recognize the Operations team as a key stakeholder and customer in executing duties.
- Construct, test and commission new I/E/C equipment originating from new projects using issued for construction drawings and plans.
- Support colleagues in developing new project designs and execution plans, ensuring that flaws and maintainability challenges are engineered out.
- Manage, design, plan and execute simple, low risk projects.
- Ensures that all plant changes are implemented in accordance with the applicable Methanex Management of Change procedures.
- Ensures work is performed efficiently and cost effectively.
- Actively seeks out continuous improvement opportunities that enhances HSSEQ, productivity, reliability and cost efficiency.
- Communicate, collaborate and support colleagues locally and globally to achieve the goals of the department, site and organization.
- Identify key stakeholders, seek their input and keep them informed.
- Share knowledge and experience, coaching and mentoring colleagues.
- Identify training requirements for self and team.
- Positively contribute to team engagement and morale.
- Motivates team to excel.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Instrument or electrical trade certification.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in instrument, electrical or control systems for a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with electrical distribution and substation maintenance.
- Experience with instrument calibration programs.
- Experience with continuous emission systems and process analyzers.
- Experience with DCS, ESD and PLC systems.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and asset management system software.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.