Provides leadership of the Technical Department’s Process Engineering resources, encompassing staff, contract/specialists for process, performance and plant risk management related responsibilities.
Provides effective and timely Process and Utilities engineering support to Operations to achieve daily operational excellence, safety and reliability.
Manages the service to the Operations Department to achieve consistent daily operational excellence. Undertakes necessary process monitoring, audits, investigations, trials, and troubleshooting.
- Identifies, evaluates, implements, controls and monitors performance improvements on the plants to drive down unit cost of production and improve production capability.
- Sets and reports on KPI’s for Process. Strives to achieve target or better than KPI’s.
- Ensures Management of Change procedures are followed for all Project work.
- Implements project work in accordance with Methanex Procedures, Methanex Project Standards (MPS), statutory compliance and USA legislation.
- Responsible for the development and review of assigned Technical Process Engineering Procedures and Standards.
- Manages Process Engineering service to the Projects group to ensure the achievement of Project KPI’s as applicable.
- Manages service to the Finance and other related departments for gas utilization and planning on, and for, the plant.
- Undertakes production reporting to customers.
- Manages Process Engineering for studies, feasibilities, trials required to improve and optimize plant operation, reliability, safety, productivity, efficiency and plant change.
- Contributes to and supports the capital planning process such that studies, justifications and value propositions are provided for work that is on, or proposed to go on the annual Capital Plan.
- Provides Process support to other Methanex sites Process staff when called upon.
- Provides technical input into catalyst selection, ordering of replacement catalyst, catalyst performance monitoring and co-ordination of disposal of spent catalysts for the Methanex USA plant.
- Identifies, implements, controls and monitors plant noise, emission, energy problems and opportunities such that appropriate gains are made and issues resolved.
- Adheres to risk based Process Safety, that minimizes overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention.
- Is the owner and approving authority for all changes to the PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Stipulates level of hazard review required for all plant changes.
- Contributes to Process Safety by ensuring learnings from applicable Process incidents worldwide are captured and evaluated such that relevant improvements are implemented into the plant process.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted, risks are managed and all issues identified are actioned to ensure work is not subject to risk or delays.
- Leads, supervises and contributes to the Process Engineering team ensuring provision of effective Process Engineering support to business.
- Ensures that the performance management system is competently applied to all assigned staff to maximize each individual’s contribution to Methanex.
- Improved individual and organizational performance through coaching for success.
- Ensures employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Involves the team in developing and actioning the annual department plan. Ensures alignment with the Methanex USA business plan and Corporate Strategy.
- Effectively communicates current activities and policies.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with all Methanex HR policies and procedures, including performance optimization.
- Ensures execution and delivery of the relevant components applicable to Process Engineering in the Methanex USA Business Plan and the Technical Department Plan as developed each calendar year.
- Applies the performance management system to all staff to maximize each individual’s contribution to Methanex.
- Is a member of the Global Process Engineering sub team.
- Ensures that a high level of technical skills and Plant knowledge within the Process Engineering team is maintained.
- Supports the designated representative to meet Global team goals.
- Responsible for Utilities engineering service to the business.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management database.
- Responsible for ensuring that all assigned Technical Engineering Procedures are reviewed and updated in accordance with the Review Procedure and contributes to the development and maintenance of relevant systems, procedures and standards within Methanex.
- Undertakes to maintain the corrective actions database and incident database assigned actions to achieve a 0 overdue target.
- Undertakes site safety inspections on a rostered basis.
- Fully participates in Methanex safety initiatives.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Forum.
- Contributes to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Technical Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience incorporating Process Design, Operating Plant, Performance Improvement and Process Safety in the petrochemical industry.
- 5+ years Supervisory Experience desired.
- Computer literacy with Process related software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Petrochemical industry and operational Plant experience encompassing all aspects including trouble shooting, monitoring, auditing, conceptual design etc.
- A high level of interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability) together with an ability to work with internal and external consultants.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Process Safety Risk Management related tools and processes
- Process Engineering with use in relevant standards and procedures
- Loss Prevention
- Environmental management
- Emission controls
- Reliability reviews
- Energy management
- Noise Identification and mitigation
- Control Systems
- Equipment criticality identification and control
- Management of Change procedures and processes
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.