Manages and is responsible for the Mechanical / Piping engineering and execution of all multi-discipline Projects, using engineering expertise and appropriate internal and external resources to ensure that work is completed safely, in a cost effective manner, within budget and on schedule to the standards required.
Manages the maintenance of standards, procedures and relevant documentation relating to Methanex USA facilities. Ensures that the maintenance, storage and distribution of Mechanical and Piping critical drawings are carried out by the Drawing Office to procedure and standard.
Provides leadership and direction to direct reports. Provides leadership and guidance to all direct, indirect and contract reports as required and during execution of projects.
- Manages Mechanical / Piping engineering and related Projects such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Implements projects in accordance with Methanex Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with USA legislation.
- Manages the Mechanical / Piping Project work list to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures that all Mechanical / Piping Project functions are integrated effectively across all relevant work groups.
- Develops scopes of work for Mechanical / Piping Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages.
- Provides support and advice to Maintenance department, particularly in the area of Mechanical Reliability
- Obtains producer statements, design verification and statutory approval where required.
- Undertakes studies and develops costs and options for Capital Plan development.
- Provides expertise and specialist Mechanical / Piping engineering knowledge.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Department on general engineering problems.
- Manages external Consulting Engineering Services.
- Manages the Design Approval process to ensure input is obtained from the appropriate disciplines and that changes are made to the design as required.
- Reviews detailed design, purchase specifications and construction packages for compliance with statutory requirements, appropriate standards and Methanex procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted and that all issues identified are actioned.
- Ensures appropriate reliability reviews are undertaken on Project designs.
- Coordinates the development of procedures and provision of resources for the commissioning of relevant Projects together with Operations.
- Manages the tender and award contracts in conjunction with Purchasing for detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages and construction.
- Manages the construction and commissioning phases of projects by ensuring good supervision, planning, co-ordination, KPI’s, safety planning and quality assurance.
- Ensures that all Methanex employees and contractors undertaking project work on the Methanex USA site are effectively supervised such that safety, quality, costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- Provides feedback at the end of each contract on contractor performance to the appropriate sponsor.
- Ensures that the systems to maintain and store Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office are in compliance with the Methanex USA procedures and standards.
- Ensures that the systems to develop and maintain the distribution of all Mechanical / Piping drawings by the Drawing Office are in compliance with the Methanex USA procedures and standards.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for the control, distribution and storage of all engineering documentation (other than drawings) associated with Methanex facilities including Vendor Manuals, Data Books etc.
- Develops and maintains systems, procedures for the control, review, distribution and storage of appropriate engineering standards/guidelines such that all Mechanical / Piping engineering work is done in accordance with Methanex Loss Prevention Standards and in compliance with USA legislation.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for the control, distribution and storage of Mechanical / Piping publications required by Methanex USA.
- Leads, supervises and contributes to the Project Engineering team ensuring provision of effective Mechanical Engineering support to business.
- Ensures that the performance management system is competently applied to all assigned staff to maximize each individual’s contribution to Methanex.
- Improved individual and organizational performance through coaching for success
- Ensures employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards
- Involves the team in developing and actioning the annual department plan. Ensures alignment with the Methanex USA business plan and Corporate Strategy
- Effectively communicates current activities and policies
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with all Methanex HR policies and procedures, including performance optimization
- Ensures execution and delivery of the relevant components applicable to Mechanical Engineering in the Methanex USA Business Plan and the Technical Department Plan as developed each calendar year.
- Applies the performance management system to all staff to maximize each individual’s contribution to Methanex.
- Ensures that a high level of technical skills and Plant knowledge within the Mechanical Engineering team is maintained
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism
- Demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database
- Contributes to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Technical department
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 10+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering and/or Project Management encompassing all aspects from conceptual development, design and through execution, construction and close out
- 10+ years experience in the petrochemical industry.
- 5+ years leadership experience
- High level of Mechanical / Piping engineering knowledge and experience Mechanical engineering and design in an operating petrochemical plant, pressure and rotating equipment and piping design environment
- Experience with all phases of project management
- Exhibits participation in safety and quality culture in design and construction
- Computer literacy, including engineering design packages
- Previous experience in:
- Plant reliability
- Codes and Standards use
- Procurement and expediting
- Contract management
- Cost estimating / management
- Statutory requirements
- Civil structural design / construction
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.