Provides Construction and Project Management skills, as well as Mechanical expertise, to ensure that all assigned project work is managed safely, efficiently, effectively, to Methanex standards and to exceptional engineering practice.
- Ensures project construction work is implemented in accordance with Methanex Procedures, Methanex Project Standards (MPS), statutory compliance and USA legislation.
- Ensures that appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted, risks are managed, and all issues identified are actioned to ensure work is not subject to risk or delays.
- Ensures project change and variations are managed effectively.
- Works closely with the Project Planner and designated engineer to ensure proper project execution, and brings any questions regarding design, equipment, etc. to the designated engineer.
- Coordinates with Project Planner to ensure proper resource allocations and timing.
- In conjunction with Project Planner, contractor(s), Operations and RC, develops a permitting strategy, and works to be proactive with respect to any more complex work (ex. Confined space, excavation, live welding, etc.).
- Provides feedback at the end of each contract on contractor performance to the appropriate sponsor.
- Reviews detailed design, purchase specifications and construction packages for compliance with statutory requirements, appropriate standards and Methanex procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective systems and procedures for managing mechanical construction activities on the Methanex USA site.
- Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities to minimize overall risk of harm to people, the environment or damage to facilities.
- Ensures that all contractors undertaking project construction work are effectively supervised such that safety, quality, costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- Ensures employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Effectively communicates current activities to stakeholders.
- Provides expertise and specialized Mechanical / Piping construction knowledge.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contributes to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; OR equivalent work experience/combined education.
- Minimum 5 years construction or project supervision.
- PMP designation desired.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best practice.
- Knowledge of the petrochemical industry.
- Understanding of Mechanical / Piping engineering and design in a petrochemical environment.
- Project management fundamentals.
- Safety culture in design and construction.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.