Supports the Procurement Superintendent with the sourcing and procurement of goods and services for Methanex Geismar Site in accordance with company policies, procedures and strategies.
Develops efficient work practices to facilitate the effective operation of the Procurement and Contract Management functions.
- Negotiates the acquisition of goods and services including Turnarounds required for Company activities at optimum cost, in compliance with Company procedures and consistent with standards of quality and delivery.
- Manages formal tendering processes for the acquisition of equipment and services in accordance with Company procedures.
- Provides Vendor Sponsors and Key Contacts with support and information relative to the services contracts.
- Coordinates the review program and provide a recommendation for the LEM (Labor, Equipment and Materials) contract renewal process.
- Manages the administration of labor contracts
- Ensures that all procurement and contractual activities are handled in a professional and ethical manner and that confidentiality of commercial information is maintained at all times.
- Implements supply arrangements in conjunction with the Warehouse group that minimise inventory levels without impairing availability or quality.
- Establishes effective networks with peers in similar organisations and across regions to remain abreast with Best Practice.
- Establishes and reviews for improvement procedures and work practices that streamline the procurement process.
- Establishes Service Contracts and work practices to ensure the smooth running of Turnarounds and projects.
- Ensures that customers are aware of correct Procurement procedures.
- Supports customers on the appropriate use of contracts and LEMs.
- Actively promotes Methanex’s Behavior Standards.
- Provides guidance and support to the Vendor Sponsors and Vendor Key Contacts.
- Manages Contractor Document Awareness to ensure contractor companies are provided with current Methanex USA procedures relevant to Contractor site conditions.
- Provides back-up for the Procurement & Warehouse Team Leader in times of absence.
- Provides technical leadership in the area of best procurement and contract management practices and systems.
- Provides coaching and direction to customers on strategic direction of procurement and contracting functions.
- Collaborates with Procurement & Warehouse Team Leader in establishing strategic direction of purchasing and contracting functions.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of product availability, and maintain networks and resources to achieve this.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of vendors.
- Is an active and contributive member of the Maximo Key Users Group.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex Geismar site as an effective member of the Finance department
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or other relevant program desired
- 3-5 years Procurement/Contracts experience
- CPP designation would be an asset
- Proven negotiating abilities.
- Awareness of business ethics, good judgment, eye for detail, integrity.
- Proven working knowledge of Contract and Insurance law, and Tendering processes
- Knowledge of computerized procurement management systems.
- Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to the Louisiana Works website to apply for this position.