Responsible Care Technical Advisor
Date Posted: September 14, 2023
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
Reports To: Manager, Responsible Care
Duration: Full-time, Permanent
The Responsible Care (RC) Technical Advisor works alongside the members of the Responsible Care team to manage resource demands across the department. The key focus areas for this position include Quality Management, including leading the internal and external audit programs and providing data analysis support for key performance indicators across the department, aiding in the facilitation of risk assessments and incident investigations, and supporting the site’s occupational health and safety culture.
- Lead the internal and external audit program, including the L2 program which includes routine management system audits.
- Follow up on historic audit action items to ensure ongoing effectiveness of actions.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to consider other audit sources (e.g., WSCS audits, work package audits, process safety audits, etc.), into a comprehensive action management plan that ensures continual improvement of the integrated management system.
- Lead the annual Management System Review.
- Coordinate all external audits (ISO, RC Verification etc.) as required.
- Provide data analysis support for a range of Responsible Care key performance indicators.
- Conduct detailed trend analysis and support the continual improvement of KPIs across the department.
- As an active member of the Health & Safety (H&S) committee, provide data analysis information and support for discussion.
- Lead minor and non-minor investigations to ensure strong root cause analysis and the development of meaningful corrective actions.
- Check in on corrective actions for non-minor incidents and ensure ongoing improvements.
- Investigate select near misses to ensure continual improvement and action completion.
- Participate in incident quality reviews, to ensure the ongoing quality of investigations.
- Work with the Process Safety Engineer to facilitate risk assessments for various projects and tasks utilizing the existing risk matrix.
- Be a key member of the on-site risk management team, supporting the Process Safety Engineer in facilitation and action management. Among other duties, this will include tracking actions and projects related to major accident hazards to ensure continual progress in this area.
- Conduct Health and safety audits across all business lines on the site.
- Support the RC team in organizing awareness events.
- Participate as an active member of the H&S Committee to support site queries around H&S-related issues or topics.
- Provide support to other department responsibilities, which may include environmental management, emergency response and process safety.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field (quality management systems, environmental, engineering etc.)
- Experience working with integrated management systems.
- Well-versed in data management software
- A similar combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years related industry experience.
- Experience with risk assessment facilitation would be preferred.
- Previous incident investigation training (Taproot, Appollo, etc.) is preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills that enable collaboration and relationship building throughout the team and between departments.
- Able to prioritize safety and core values of trust, respect, integrity, and professionalism.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite Software
Apply for Responsible Care Technical Advisor
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.