Project and Maintenance Scheduler
Date Posted: May 12, 2023
Closing Date: June 12, 2023
Reports To: Planning and Turnaround Superintendent
Duration: Full-time, Permanent
The Project & Maintenance Scheduler will be responsible for scheduling and sequencing all work occurring on site, including routine maintenance, CapEx and OpEx projects, Turnarounds, Plant Outages, and all site activities which require resources.
This position also coordinates the scheduling of Maintenance work in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisors, Technicians, Operations department, and any other relevant stakeholders.
- Works with Centralized Maintenance Planning, to develop routine maintenance schedules and optimize activities.
- Works with Project Leads and Execution Coordinators to develop project schedules and optimize activities.
- Coordinates schedules and applies them to the Methanex TAR standards.
- Develops short-term (weekly) maintenance schedules in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinates regular review meetings to ensure there is common understanding and acceptance for Maintenance, Project & Turnaround schedules.
- Ensures schedules are communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors schedule compliance and adjust as necessary. Ensure any changes are appropriately communicated.
- Develops long-term (1 – 5 Years) Maintenance schedules for selected high-criticality maintenance work.
- Manages the use and development of Maintenance scheduling tools to ensure the process is as efficient and accurate as possible.
- Tracks the availability of all staff, contractors, and any other critical resources.
- Participates in weekly manpower allocation meetings.
- Ensures supervisors are aware of the resources required to carry out each project schedule.
- Advises supervisors where there may be a mismatch between planned work and available resources.
- Monitors any change in resource availability and adjust the schedule accordingly. Ensures any changes are appropriately communicated.
- Works with the Production Coordinator to ensure the plant is available as necessary to complete the designated maintenance schedule.
- Ensures coordination of external services, contractors, and equipment rentals.
- Tracks any changes to nominated plant availability and adjust the schedule as necessary. Ensure any changes are appropriately communicated.
- Ensures any plant outages for maintenance work are optimized so that all relevant work is identified and completed during a minimum number of events.
- Develops systems to monitor and record compliance with the planned schedule.
- Produces both routine and exception reports covering maintenance scheduling issues.
- Ensure schedule reviews focus on safety, SIMOP’s, resource levelling, and efficient execution of work.
- Reports schedule compliance issues to Maintenance management. Work with affected parties to resolve.
- Identification and communication of critical and near critical paths and constraints.
- Updates the CMMS (Maximo) database with changes identified by system users or as a result of plant modifications.
- Reviews the CMMS database to ensure that it is complete and accurate. Update where necessary.
- Identifies opportunities to extend the coverage of the CMMS database.
- Maintains familiarity with all available CMMS functions and identifies opportunities for the Maintenance dept to extend its use of the system.
- Assists with the development of plans, cost estimates and schedules for Maintenance projects and Turnarounds.
- Work closely with the planners in job plan development and work sequences.
- Develops detailed work schedules in Primavera for significant maintenance tasks, projects, or site activities.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect, and professionalism.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Participates in local and global teams to execute specific projects, or to foster and develop the corporate use of Maximo.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex as an effective member of the Maintenance department.
- Ensures compliance with all Pressure Equipment Integrity Management (PEIM) responsibilities, relative to the role, as per the PEIM Manual.
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Relevant industrial trade certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Primavera 6
- Previous planning experience considered a strong asset
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring turnaround and project schedules
- Previous experience in vendor coordination
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products
- Expert user of Primavera 6
- Experience with developing and maintaining schedule KPIs.
- Experienced user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. Previous Maximo use would be an advantage. Demonstrated knowledge of equipment criticality setting and proper use of relevant data.
- Able to set and meet deadlines which can arise at short notice.
- Aware of the need to maintain customer/supplier relationships both internally and externally.
- Previous experience working in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide cross-section of people.
- Experienced with Industrial Maintenance practices and systems.
Apply for Project and Maintenance Scheduler
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.