Date Posted: June 2, 2023
Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Reports To: Rotating Equipment Supervisor
Duration: Full-time, Permanent
The Millwright Technician provides superior craftsmanship in a safe, efficient, and effective maintenance and repair of rotating equipment systems in the Medicine Hat plant.
- Install, maintain, and repair rotating equipment including turbines, compressors, fans, pumps and gearboxes
- Perform predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance using procedures such as oil analysis, vibration analysis, precision laser alignment, and various other maintenance techniques.
- Performs time-based equipment procedures such as inspections, oil changes, filter changes, overhauls, and greasing.
- Reacts most efficiently to equipment failures or reliability issues while keeping safety and quality a top priority.
- Document equipment history and complete detailed reporting of equipment inspections and repairs.
- Builds strong relationships with key Rotating Equipment vendors.
- Read and interpret equipment and process drawings.
- Creates and manages work orders, requisitions, etc. in a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Complete daily timesheets and other records of hours worked to specific work orders on daily timesheets.
- Acts as relief rotating equipment supervisor, when required.
- Ensures employee and contractor compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards.
- Effectively communicates current activities and policies.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with all Methanex HR policies and procedures.
- Improves individual and organizational performance through coaching for success.
- Oversees crews during shutdowns and in demanding circumstances.
- Work Safety Control System Performing authority: assist to ensure all safety precautions are taken, job hazards are known, job hazards are mitigated, and site policies/procedures are followed.
- Conducts Safety audits, participates in site safety meetings, and contributes to site safety initiatives.
- Demonstrated the Methanex core values of trust, respect, integrity, and professionalism in the execution of the role’s functions, comply with site Responsible Care policies and procedures, and actively participate in associated programs
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and the power or agility.
- Proposes ideas to improve plant performance and reliability.
- Responsible for actively participating as an integral part of a local team or committee
- Participate in the response to plant emergency situations, including after-hours events, as required
- Follows Methanex Best practices
Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Journeyman Millwright is preferred; however, a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic may be considered contingent on related equipment experience.
- Red seal Trade Certificate is an asset but is a requirement for out-of-province tradesmen.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license.
- Certification in First Aid, Confined Space, Fall Protection or other relevant safety and trade-specific training is an asset.
- 3- 5 years of experience working in a chemical plant atmosphere
- Strong knowledge of steam turbines and other types of rotating equipment such as, compressors, fans, pumps, and gearboxes
- Experience in commissioning & start-up of plant facilities
- Solid knowledge of alignment tools such as lasers and dials
- Solid precision measuring skills
- Understanding of basic vibration analysis and oil analysis
- Proven mechanical aptitude with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Leadership capabilities
- Customer-focused; dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Superior interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with strong time management planning and prioritization skills
- Results-driven with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet identified goals and achieve results
- Capable of resolving issues independently within a changing and evolving work environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage ambiguity and stress, including the ability to respond to competing and shifting priorities successfully
- Independently motivated with a superior ability to maintain focus and work quickly and accurately in demanding circumstances
- Exceptional critical thinking, decision making and troubleshooting skills, based on sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to make valuable decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, and experience
Apply for Millwright Technician
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.