IT Training Analyst
Date Posted: March 10, 2023
Reports To: IT BRM
To work with the Global IT team, IT project teams, and other functions/regions across Methanex to facilitate and enable technology-related training to employees and contractors across the organization. This role will assess technology-related training needs and provide recommendations on training delivery across our sites.
Designing and Delivering Technology Training, with an Emphasis on Microsoft 365 and Cyber Security Programs (35%)
- Respond to regional IT training requests by completing learning needs analysis, requirements gathering, and providing recommendations on training solutions.
- Consult with regional and functional SMEs to build business process comprehension and assist with creating and delivering training assets. This includes:
- Training materials (job aids, manuals)
- E-Learning videos
- Process Maps
- Podcasts or other audio assets
- Other assets and technologies as required
- Pitch, organize, and coordinate technology-related vendor training
- Work with global Service Desk to determine content areas and applications that require end-user training and plan for training development and delivery
- Be prepared to facilitate IT related training as required
- Be a Microsoft Office master and be prepared to provide Office Suite training as requested by regions and in collaboration with our Global Microsoft 365 team
- Collaborate with our Cyber Security team and assist with developing and delivering Cyber Security related training. This may include:
- Developing annual cybersecurity training curriculum
- Administering and tracking training results and providing reports to the Director, Cyber Security, and the Global IT Team
- Assisting with developing ad-hoc cybersecurity training globally
- Delivering Cybersecurity training
Training Planning and Global IT Project Support (30%)
- Assist the IT Business Relationship Manager, and other Global IT Leaders in any training programs related to Systems implementation projects. This could include:
- User training matrix and capacity planning
- Working with SME’s to identify and build out course content
- Creating a global training schedule
- Coordinating training logistics
- Coaching project/business leads to help develop them as trainers
- Assist with post go-live user support
- Assist in stakeholder impact presentations and broader communication as required
- Assist with IT-related change management activities including communication, stakeholder engagement, and training
- Provide broad project support for initiatives that fall under the Corporate Resources umbrella. This could include drafting up project charters, preparing business technology proposals, partnering with our BSA’s to document requirements, creating and maintaining project and change management plans, and regularly updating our global IT project tracker.
Technology Training Standards and Governance (10%)
- Work with the IT Business Relationship Manager, Corporate Resources, and the Manager, IT Planning & Management Office, to establish and maintain global technology-related training standards, practices, and governance. This should align with, and be built into, our global Business Analyst and Project Management standards.
- Work with the Global Service Desk Lead in creating and maintaining a global IT/Technology Training onboarding process
- Work with Global Service Desk Lead and the Global Microsoft 365 Team in creating and delivering onboarding to new SharePoint Site and Teams Owners
Learning Needs Analysis and Business Process Analysis (10%)
- Conduct stakeholder impact analysis’, including assessing current state, and develop a training/learning plan to move employees/users to desired future state
- Work with business leads and SMEs to develop future state business process maps as a part of a broader learning strategy
- Implement analytics into all our learning programs and strategies
Analyze and Assess Training Effectiveness (5%)
- Be able to collect and leverage analytics for a wide variety of training requirements, and training effectiveness (scatter plots, cluster diagrams, heat maps etc.)
- Evaluate training effectiveness and provide lessons learned
Manage and Be an Expert on Learning Tools and Applications (10%)
- Be an expert on learning technologies/tools utilized at Methanex and provide recommendations to sites on which tools to use
- Manage the administration of our IT Learning Systems (Brainstorm, LinkedIn Learning etc.)
- Be a technical subject matter expert on Active Learner, our global Manufacturing Learning Management Tool
- Fluent in e-learning tools (Vyond, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate and Premiere Pro etc.)
- Stay up to date on new training technologies and provide recommendations on new and innovative ways to train
- Partner with the Global Learning and Development team on learning initiatives as requested and required
- Manage Training Vendor/Service Provider relationships
Education and/or Professional Designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar education required
- Certifications in Microsoft Office
- Additional Training and Development certifications or further education considered an asset (i.e. Post- Graduate Certificates, Diplomas, etc.)
- CCMP or PROSCI designation considered an asset
- CPBA (or higher) certification considered an asset
Experience and Technical Skills/Knowledge
- At least five (5) years of work experience in training and learning needs assessments in the technology space. Your experience should include delivering hands on training, content creation, platform/vendor management, and orchestrating companywide training planning exercises specific to technology usage.
- A minimum of two (2) years working for global companies where working cross culturally and in diverse time zones was required.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment and in a similar industry considered a strong asset.
- Experience working on global systems implementation projects in a training capacity.
- Experience in developing and delivering training in the Cyber Security space.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Advanced knowledge of eLearning software and on-line training tools
- Experience at training typical business processes as part of IT Training (e.g. if training on a new finance system, can absorb the finance business process and incorporate it into the system training delivery)
- Some global travel may be required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong motivational and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours.
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative.
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly.
Methanex’s working language is English, but we operate globally. Spanish or Mandarin language skills considered an asset.
Apply for IT Training Analyst
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.