Document Control Specialist
Date Posted: April 13, 2023
Reports To: Information Management Lead
Responsible for the development and implementation of document control processes, policies and procedures, as well as supporting the management and control, scanning, storage and distribution of engineering drawings and documentation related to the Methanex Geismar Information Management Team.
Assists with Technical and Maintenance Execution/Turnaround department activities including project document storage, library organization and maintenance (both virtual and hard copies), distribution and tracking of engineering packages and Technical Department controlled documents with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing guidance and support by sharing expertise as well as setting expectations around standards, policies and procedures for end users and contract support when additional resources are needed.
- Responsible for interacting with the domain level for the Engineering Document Management Information System.
- Function as the site responsible for maintaining, updating and distributing the EDMS, including future updates, training and support to other sites.
- Supports the creation and management of the following:
- Engineering information standards (e.g., tag and document classification, tag and document metadata, tag and document states).
- Engineering information management processes.
- Understanding of the engineering information lifecycle and how this supports Engineering, Construction, CS&U, Operations, Maintenance & Reliability, etc.
- Existing engineering information management system(s), databases and legacy data.
- Responsible for developing information handover standards and procedures for Operations, such as but not limited to, Contractor Deliverable Requirements, Vendor Data and Document Requirements, etc.
- Conducts quality audits of data and documents for operating facilities.
- Master user and administrator of Documentation data base and site approved software associated with document management.
- Assists with the sourcing, coordination and distribution of drawings and information within Methanex departments, external stakeholders and document storage facilities.
- Ensures all drawings handled are controlled in compliance with Methanex USA drawing systems, procedures, standards and systems.
- Completes data entry into Methanex asset maintenance database (Maximo) for all asset updates. Ensures asset data is correct and updated for all complete projects.
- Manages the document/drawing transmittal process.
- Distributes and tracks Plant Change Request (PCR) review packages throughout the plant for OPEX projects.
- Supports the Engineering and Projects team on the filing and distribution of project documentation in compliance with the global standards EDMS (Engineering Document Management System) and MCMP (Manufacturing Capital Management Process).
- Assists Engineers with administrative tasks when required.
- Assists the Technical Department Administrative Assistant when required.
- Catalogues, stores and provides access to books, manuals, standards, regulations, publications, equipment guides etc. as required. Maintains library systems.
- Recommends enhancements consistent with the company’s policies and business objectives.
- Develops and maintains appropriate contacts and resources to achieve goals.
- Provides input to regional and global Technical Department strategies, roadmaps and budgets.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Manages the development of own career by participating in professional and educational development.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contribute to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Technical Department.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in Administration, Communications or related field OR Technical Degree/Certification in Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline, OR equivalent related work experience/combined education.
- 10+ years of experience in document control / quality assurance.
- Advanced ability with establishing document control systems and programs, ensuring information is accurate, controlled, transmitted and archived for optimized tracking and retrieval.
- Experience with documentation management processes, codes and standards relating to Major Capital projects including final document handover.
- Familiar with document management systems and database applications.
- Experience in administration of Technical Library facilities and controlled documents.
- Experience with CMMS applications; IBM Maximo preferred.
- Experience with Document Control applications; Meridian preferred.
- Experience with digital engineering design tools; Hexagon preferred.
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge.
- Ability to follow systems, procedures, workflow processes and contribute to their improvement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic understanding of engineering terminology and some technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable interfacing with internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience facilitating meetings and workshops e.g., requirements definition, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, administrative and organizational skills. Particularly great attention to detail.
- Strong team player with the ability to take the initiative and be proactive when resolving customer issues.
- Experience working with Global teams in a multi-disciplined/ multi-functional team environment.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and to work under pressure.
By clicking “Apply Now” you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.
Apply for Document Control Specialist
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.