2024 Graduate in Training – Electrical Engineer
Date Posted: September 11, 2023
Reports To: Plant Engineering Lead
The Graduate in Training – Electrical Engineer role is a growth and career development opportunity within Methanex and the Engineering job family. Whilst the Graduate in Training (GiT) Program focus is on providing graduates with the knowledge and skills for the technical elements of the role, the program also provides graduates cross-functional assignments. The GiT will rotate to different departments for exposure to the entire engineering function and processes, as well as the wider Methanex business operation.
Provides effective assistance with Instrument and Electrical Projects, using appropriate electrical engineering education and appropriate resources to ensure work is completed safely, in a cost effective manner, within budget and schedule, and to the standards required.
Provides assistance to DCS Engineers on projects involving plant process controls and gains understanding of the distributed control system and the plant safety interlock system.
Provides assistance with project and maintenance support to other departments in the area of plant controls and electrical distribution facilities.
- Supports the I/E Engineer to ensures all assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects are coordinated such that the safety, quality, cost and schedule targets are achieved.
- Assists with configurable control systems and electricity distribution and control systems within Methanex USA.
- Assists with the assigned Instrument and Electrical Project work list to meet customer requirements.
- Assists with scopes of work for assigned Instrument and Electrical Projects covering detailed design, preparation of purchase specifications and preparation of construction packages.
- Assists with the development of engineering briefs, and provides technical advice and assistance as required to the Project group to allow the development of detailed engineering scopes of work and designs.
- Ensures the plant Management of Change process is followed for all plant modifications.
- Ensures appropriate hazard and risk reviews are conducted for assigned Instrument and Electrical related projects and all issues identified are actioned.
- Ensures all I&E drawings and documentation are controlled according to the Methanex Geismar procedures and standards.
- Ensures the assigned projects are implemented in accordance with Methanex Project Standards, procedures and are in compliance with all regulations.
- Utilizes the Manufacturing Capital Management Process (MCMP) procedure to progress a project from initiation to completion.
- Manages Technical small to mid-sized capital projects from Stages 1 to 3 as per MCMP.
- Supports the execution leads on projects progressing from Stage 4 to close-out as per MCMP.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex values.
- Participates in organized social responsibility projects.
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the Responsible Care® ethic.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Contributes to the ‘operational excellence’ for Methanex USA as an effective member of the Technical Department.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required; Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to liaise appropriately with internal and external clients, agencies and stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work within in a team environment as well as independently, with minimum supervision.
- Capacity to exercise sound judgment; initiative; and problem-solving skills.
- Competent user of standard computing packages (e.g. Microsoft Office).
By clicking “Apply Now” you will be redirected to the Jobvite website to apply for this position.
Apply for 2024 Graduate in Training – Electrical Engineer
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.