To provide effective process and utilities engineering services to Methanex New Zealand in order to achieve daily operational excellence and to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability, and/or minimise overall risk of harm to people, risk of harm to the environment or risk of lost production. Provide technical advice to Operations on plant operating rates, conditions and procedures.
- Ensures that an effective Process Engineering service to the Operations Department is consistently provided in order to achieve daily excellence in the areas of plant operation with particular support in defining daily targets such as:
- Plant rate
- Operating conditions/profiles
- Inventory management
- Short term shutdown/start-up planning
- Provides engineering input into troubleshooting operational problems.
- Reviews operating procedures that require technical input.
- Identifies, evaluates and executes continuous improvement opportunities to drive down unit cost of production, improve production capability and/or minimise overall risk of harm to people, the environment.
- Manages and completes work to meet or exceed relevant Process & Project KPIs.
- Provides process engineering support for plant changes using the Plant Change Request procedures.
- Provides Process support to other Methanex sites Process staff as required.
- Provides technical recommendations to the SMT and capital planning team for catalyst related decisions including selection, replacement, performance monitoring and disposal.
- Assists in the development of junior engineers through knowledge sharing and coaching.
- When and if required, participate in the Gas Nominations team to manage gas volumes into the plant. This may involve on call work which will be compensated for.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of Process Safety Management to minimise overall risk of harm to people, harm to the environment or loss prevention through completion of audits and timely close out of assigned PSM element corrective actions.
- Participates in risk/safety reviews required for plant changes. Acts as leader at HAZOPs, FMEAs and other review meetings for projects.
- Good working knowledge of relevant/assigned Technical Engineer Procedures. Contributes to the development & maintenance of relevant systems, procedures & standards within MX.
- Undertakes to maintain the corrective actions database and incident database assigned actions to achieve a ZERO overdue target.
- Provides back-up to the Lead Process Engineer to cover for leave/absence when requested.
- BE, BSc or equivalent, in Process Engineering. Preferably a Chartered member of IChemE.
- Minimum of seven years experience in Process / Utilities Engineering encompassing all aspects including trouble shooting, monitoring, auditing, conceptual design etc. Minimum 3 years experience working with Hydrocarbon processing facilities.
- Competent user of Process related design and hazard review/assessment software, e.g. HYSYS, PHAPro.
- Competent user of standard computing packages (e.g. Microsoft Office).
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close 4 December 2022 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities
At Methanex, we believe that having a diverse team and an inclusive workplace creates a better culture, better decisions and a better company. We are committed to a diverse organization that values different perspectives, backgrounds, skills and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.