Implementation of Risk Based Inspection (RBI) software that is updated to include equipment data, history notes, risk assessment results, analysis of damage mechanisms and future planned inspection tasks. Development of a piping-specific risk analysis programme that will potentially include a new user interface.
This is a Fixed Term position starting 15th November 2021 until 11th February 2022.
- Review pressure equipment data and prepare load sheets for implementation of new software.
- Interrogate software algorithm to create client-specific software user manual.
- Undertake equipment risk assessments with respect to operating hazards and material damage mechanisms.
- Data entry/transfer between existing Methanex reliability management system and new software – optimising baseline data for all assets.
- Critique in-built risk assessment algorithm and attempt alignment with Methanex 6x6 risk matrix.
- Develop the existing in-house piping-specific risk analysis programme/software algorithm using excel or more advanced software. Align with industry/guidelines and incorporate in-house experience, create new user interface.
- Analyse inspection and risk assessment data to create readable outputs and result summaries, identify data trends and provide recommendations.
- Conduct plant inspections and update technical piping and instrumentation drawings
- Development of custom in-house instrumentation and measurement tools
- Studying in one of the following
- BSc Computer Science
- BE Computer Engineering
- BE Mechanical
- BE Mechatronics
- BE Chemicals and Materials
- BSc Materials Science
- Knowledge of data analysis methods and inspection techniques
- High level of computer literacy and coding skills with mechanical or process interests
- Problem Solving
- Analytical and research experience
- Written Communication
- Results driven, and goal orientated
- Well organised
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close Sunday, 1 August 2021 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities