Provide support to Senior Process Safety Engineer in managing process safety at Methanex New Zealand’s four major hazard facilities by ensuring the integrity of the safety management system and business processes.
This Fixed Term position is from 15th November 2021 until 11th February 2022.
- Placement with Responsible Care department, focusing on Process Safety Management.
- Assist Senior Process Safety Engineer with day to day tasks.
- Opportunity to participate in revalidation of the Motunui Process Hazard Analysis (eg Hazard and Operability Studies, Layers of Protection Analysis), risk assessments, incident investigations, etc.
- Assist with monthly reporting of process safety key performance indicators.
- Review hard copy design documents to obtain relevant information required for Safety Critical Element Design Verification. Create and store soft copy to ensure easily traceable and obtainable for future reference.
- Studying 3rd or 4th year in Chemical and Process Engineering
- Have a good attitude with a willingness to learn and takes pride in their work.
- Ability to research and obtain key design information from existing plant design documents.
- Analytical and research experience preferred
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Well organised
- Detail oriented
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close Sunday, 1 August 2021 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities