Provide support for obsolete pump replacement using the Plant Change Request (PCR) process. Engineering tasks will be completed using mechanical engineering knowledge to assist in the completion of PCR work.
Provide support to the Mechanical Engineering department in the revision of piping specifications which is required to be undertaken.
This Fixed Term position is from 15th November 2021 until 11th February 2022.
- Assist Project Engineers in the engineering and execution of current pump replacement projects and emergent projects.
- Complete PCRs with the guidance and supervision of the Lead Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical team.
- Work on the piping line class revision with the input of piping specialist in-house.
- All tasks to be completed in a professional manner whilst ensuring compliance with Methanex policies and procedures.
- Gain an insight into the production of Methanol and be involved in the day to day operation of a petro-chemical facility.
- Working within a dynamic mechanical team as well as a multidiscipline team of Instrument, Electrical and Process Engineers.
- Working side by side with experienced engineers to further enhance technical and project management experience.
- Exposure to the various mechanical systems used on our facility, such as:
- Piping design and specifications
- Pipe stressing
- Inspection and non-destructive testing
- Static equipment design and operation
- Rotating equipment design and operation
- 2-3 years completed of a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Decision Making
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Problem Solving
- Written Communication
- Results driven and goal orientated
- Well organised
- Communicates well within own group and other departments
- Adapts well to change
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close Sunday, 1 August 2021 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities