Update and transfer current reformer tube life software programme, (Fortran, which is now obsolete) to Python with a user friendly interface and naming protocols. Provide documentation and training in the use of the updated software.
This Fixed Term position is from 15th November 2021 until 11th February 2022.
- Critique 2021 University of Canterbury Final Year Project report as base for upgrade.
- Study existing software User Manual to gain understanding of the Fortran programming protocols.
- Run OCR on a hardcopy of Fortran code and compile the resulting program.
- Find a transpiler and transpile Fortran into a modern computer language such as C++ or Python.
- Edit the transpiled code for clarity and document accordingly.
- Write tests to confirm the outputs of the transpiled program match the original.
- Create a Graphic User Interface for the program so it does not require using the command line.
- Provide an overview of the software as a base resource.
- Generate a user guide for the upgraded software.
- Studying 3rd or 4th year Computer or Software engineering
- Proficient in Python
- Strong software and coding skills
- Analytical and research experience
- Results driven, and goal orientated
- Well organised
- Communicates well within own group and other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to pick up and learn new programming languages
- New Zealand Drivers Licence, site based position and no public transport
- Will meet Professional Practice degree requirements
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now"
Applications close Sunday, 1 August 2021 NZT
Please note: Methanex only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our careers page at https://www.methanex.com/careers/current-opportunities