To assist with process monitoring and optimisation and to certify the quality of product and effluent produced on Methanex New Zealand Sites.
• To provide an accurate and efficient analytical service to customers.
• To carry out sample collection, analysis and reporting including advising customers of results according to appropriate priority.
• To perform scheduled quality control on instruments.
• To compile results and produce reports or certificates.
• To maintain personal awareness of all controlled documents related to the position of chemist.
• To contribute to continuous improvement of Laboratory Quality Management System through instigating system improvements (e.g. Quality System, Environment, Health & Safety, and Laboratory Results Database). To ensure and promote adherence to existing systems.
• To progress through the laboratory training system.
• To assist in the training of other laboratory staff and Methanex employees, including shift operators.
• To be responsible for the operation of the laboratory in the absence of the Laboratory Supervisor and other senior staff.
• To participate, along with other laboratory staff members, in the provision of after hour’s laboratory services.
• To identify and solve problems with laboratory equipment and methods.
• To commission new laboratory equipment and develop methods.
• To maintain the supply of an appropriate level of laboratory consumable items to ensure continuous operation of the laboratory.
• To maintain plant and process knowledge and develop customer relationships to provide effective technical consulting services which satisfy business needs.
• To interpret results using process knowledge.
• To keep abreast of new developments.
• To complete project work or additional responsibilities as requested by the Laboratory Supervisor.
• BSc (Chemistry) or equivalent
• Chemical laboratory experience preferred
• Experience in a petrochemical plant environment (or equivalent) preferred
• Understanding of gas chromatography
• Microsoft office proficiency
Applications close 9 May 2021 NZT
Applicants must be eligible to work and live in New Zealand.