Methanex, the world’s largest methanol producer, is looking for a talented and driven Communications Advisor to join our Stakeholder Relations team at our Motunui site in New Plymouth, Taranaki.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace underpinned by Methanex’s core values of trust, respect, integrity and professionalism. We understand the value in diverse thinking and encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The Communications Advisor will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of our Stakeholder Relations Plan, working with key stakeholders, to strengthen and enhance our reputation locally. In addition, the role will support corporate communications, media relations and internal employee communication.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years communication experience that includes working with iwi, community, and local government
- Great listening, rapport, and relationship-building skills.
- Expertise in developing and implementing communications plans and managing internal communications
- Strong written and verbal skill, with demonstrated experience public speaking and managing media inquiries
- Experience within a manufacturing, industrial or engineering setting desirable, but not essential
We offer flexible working options and support to learn, grow in your role and develop your career. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive base salary, short-term incentive opportunity, above-market KiwiSaver contribution and medical, life and income continuance insurances.