Methanex, the world’s largest methanol producer, is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Procurement Officer to join our Procurement team at our Motunui site in New Plymouth, Taranaki.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace underpinned by Methanex’s core values of trust, respect, integrity and professionalism. We understand the value in diverse thinking and encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
This is a challenging and varied role in which you will provide strategic and operational procurement services to the organisation. As Methanex is New Zealand’s only methanol manufacturer you will have the opportunity to procure a wide variety of (and often unique and hard to find) materials, equipment and services.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will have the responsibility of managing some of your own categories of spend and taking ownership of the full procurement and contracting lifecycle for those categories.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• 5+ years procurement experience that covers the full procurement lifecycle including issuing enquiries, quote/tender evaluations, negotiations, post award expediting and contract and supplier management
• Experience procuring within a manufacturing, industrial or engineering setting desirable but not essential
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to changing business or project demands
• Experience using Maximo software or similar enterprise asset management systems
• Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent would be beneficial.
We offer flexible working options and support to learn, grow in your role and develop your career. The successful applicant will be offered a competitive base salary, short-term incentive opportunity, above-market KiwiSaver contribution and medical, life and income continuance insurances.