Methanex is recruiting for an experienced DCS Operator to join our Operations team and be based in our Plant in Damietta, Egypt. We take pride in our values-based culture, collaborative environment and agile organization, and invite you to apply to join our team.
The DCS Operator controls, operates and monitors Damietta methanol plant via DCS consoles within approved procedures to achieve Production Targets, meeting environmental and safety standards.
- Detailed knowledge of the Responsible Care ethic and safe work standards & practices for plant and equipment operation.
- Assess emergency situations and evaluate appropriate response techniques as a member of emergency response team.
- Adopt approved, safe work practices and monitor actions of other team members and contractors to identify any potential safety issues, bringing these to the attention of responsible persons.
- Participate in effective and comprehensive emergency training and exercises to contribute to the shift teams competency and ability to respond to all emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge of all plant emergency response procedures and plans.
- Maintain knowledge of Methanex work safety control system (WSCS) procedures.
- Authorize work permits and isolation certificates as Area/Issuing Authority when necessary.
- Participate in all assigned incident investigation and provide assistance to develop and implement quality corrective actions
- Control, monitor and check the status of permits for assigned plant areas for adherence to permit and Hazard ID requirements.
- Work as Area Manager during Plant Turnarounds, controlling and coordinating the workforce the work is carried out safely and completed on time.
Plant Operations and Reliability
- Operate plant process via DCS consoles following approved procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all production and efficiency targets.
- Maintain a continuous overview of plant operations and performance, lead discussions in plant operation trouble shooting for assigned areas of plant ensuring that corrective actions have been completed.
- Identify and bring to the attention Process and Systems Engineers process problems and assist in their mitigation and implementation.
- Ensure maximum Methanol Production and /or efficiency as per the Production Plan ad Plant Operating Strategy.
- Carry out prompt actions to address any operating deficiencies that may jeopardize safety or breach environmental standards.
- Maintain accurate written DCS shift Log.
- Attend and contribute to Hazardous Operations Assessments (HAZOP) as requested by Technical department.
- Identify and report plant defects using the computer-based Maintenance Planning System.
- Active participation in plant shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Support equipment maintenance preparations and securing activities ensuring safe equipment handover to Maintenance department.
- Identify plant improvement opportunities and submit plant change request and software change request.
- Perform on job training for new DCS Controllers employees during plant normal operation condition
- Maintain knowledge of all water, effluent and methanol specifications for assigned plant areas
- Review and update plant operating procedures.
- Capture and apply all internal and external lesson learned based on the appropriate incident investigation.
- B.Sc. Engineering (chemical, science or equivalent).
- A degree in technical institute plus experience in plant operation could be accepted
- Position requires at least 5 years’ experience in the area of DCS consoles operational.
- Plant operation. Experience in petrochemical processes is also required.
- English speaking/reading is highly desired.
- Have computer literate with understanding of basic office application.
- Showing high potential and motivation for career development in Operations.
- Ability to prepare and present written Material i.e. Project planning, work packs, work plans.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Issuing Authority competence for Work Safety Control System...
- Ability to work under pressure.