The Senior Global Market Analyst is a contributing member of the Strategic Market Planning Team (SMPT) and collaborates closely with SMPT, regional market analysts, Global Supply Chain, and the Global Market Development team to prepare analyses and make recommendations that influence the planning and decisions made by these groups.
- The development of marketing expertise for global key demand sectors & competitors through coordinating with the SMPT team to develop and maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of key demand sectors, key competitors and key feedstock markets.
- Development of team processes to drive in-depth analysis of derivatives in traditional demand sectors and maintain up-to-date database and analysis.
- Interface with external sources (e.g. industry consultants, direct contacts with industry players) and internal sources (SMPT, regional and global M&L teams) to gather and share market intelligence.
- Monitor energy price trends and predict short to medium impact on methanol demand.
- Provide regular communications to the global M&L organization on the update of energy feedstock markets – Oil, Coal and Natural Gas - in key regions (e.g., North America, China).
- Support the Global Marketing Manager in the development of the 5-year M&L Strategic Plan by consolidating global supply and demand data from SMPT and analysing global trends in demand growth, capacity additions and impact on global cost curve.
- Identify medium-long term issues that shape the methanol industry and suggest strategies for Methanex to maintain/enhance its leadership position globally.
- Develop and maintain a complete energy affordability model for all energy applications in multi jurisdictions to advance our understanding of methanol’s energy demand and support strategic decision making and internal communication.
- Prepare simplified economics for external and internal marketing by the Market Development Team, including graphs and key messages. This includes quarterly reporting on affordability and demand into energy applications for Senior Leadership.
- Provide timely communications to the global Methanex and M&L organization of key industry issues, global market intelligence and market development update through collaboration with SMPT and other internal departments.
- Play a key role in implementation of IT, marketing analysis tools and management processes for SMPT. Act as a custodian of SMPT marketing files
- Work closely with Global Supply Chain Team to understand/support the tactical and strategic decision process of our global supply chain
- Providing support to regional strategic plan/commercial strategies as required for learning and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and minimum five years of experience in a related field
- MBA preferred
- Experience in chemical / commodities / energy related industries desired
- Experience working in multicultural business environments
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Business acumen to understand and effectively communicate the industry structure
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex information and provide recommendations / strategies to maintain/enhance our leadership position
- Proven ability to build relationships and obtain critical information
- Enthusiastic, strong problem-solving skills, and solution-oriented mindset