Methanex is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol. Our company is active in major international markets such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The Power of Agility is our key differentiator as we ensure secure supply, safety and reliability to our customers.
At Methanex we care deeply about the people and the environment in which we live, and we strive to work as One Team to achieve a common goal. We also value learning, innovation and continuous improvement. For this reason, we are dedicated to investing in career development.
Working at Methanex means being part of a small team while enjoying the benefits of an international company. Because we’re relatively small in numbers, we each have a big job to do and therefore make a big impact.
Do you want to create a powerful impact? Be a part of a talented team who values trust, respect, integrity and professionalism? Are you an ardent learner who is always looking to improve? Keep reading then, you might just be the Talent we are looking for.
Where you will be working
From our European office located in Waterloo (Belgium), we manage and administrate Methanex’s sales and logistics operations in Europe.
What your mission is as HR Advisor
You will provide high-level support to the European office on all people-related matters with a focus on hard HR.
Who you will be working with
As HR Advisor, you will report to the Human Resources Manager and you’ll be a go-to person for the employees.
A typical day as a HR Advisor might include the following:
- You act as a true HR Business Partner for our employees and managers on a daily basis and deliver superior quality assistance to the HR Manager in the dayto-day operational HR Management
- You interpret and advise on employment laws; keep up to date with current legislation, practices and trends and provide timely guidance and
- recommendations to the organization
- You are responsible for the payroll administration for 3 countries (Belgium, UK, and UAE) in collaboration with payroll providers. You liaise with the payroll and benefits & tax providers and perform the necessary controls
- You coordinate activities related to the management of our expatriates such as payroll, immigration services (expats services, relocation, work permit) and collaboration with our expat’s providers
- You develop and implement HR policies and procedures, guarantee conformity with internal regulations and labor law
- You ensure a high-quality onboarding to all new employees while striving to improve the practices
- You support the annual performance review cycle, ensuring all employees and managers complete the process and following-up on the administration of salary increases and short- and long-term incentive plans
- You assist the HR Manager on Budget and forecasts analysis
- You support the HR Manager in the development and implementation of HR Projects.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent by experience (preferably in Human Resources)You have minimum 5 years of relevant HR experience in Payroll or/and Compensation & Benefits
- You have preferably a relevant experience in Expatriates management (immigration, payroll, Special Tax Return, …)
- You are fluent in English and French
- You have a good knowledge of Belgian social legislation
- You are a true go-to person: sociable with excellent communication and active listening skills
- You have excellent analytical skills, ability to deal with diverse types of data and information, strong with numbers and figures, attention to details
- You have a can-do’ mentality and focus on continuous improvement, combined with a positive attitude
- You demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills; you can manage multiple tasks and prioritize your work effectively
What’s in for you?
- International environment. You will be part of a small team, but you will have the opportunity to make a global impact. Moreover, we like sharing different culture and values and we believe that multiculturality ensures opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Great company culture. Based on trust, integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Joining Methanex means working within a positive work environment where you feel valued and where your colleagues have your back. Also, we have FUN!
- We organize teambuilding’s, team lunches, we sport together and BBQ together (in the summer). We also support social projects as we believe we have a shared responsibility in building a better world.
- Career development. From growth plans, to trainings and internal mobility, we are committed to ensuring you have the knowledge, tools, and opportunities to maximize your potential.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary package including many comprehensive insurance, meal vouchers, short term incentives and transportation costs. As you better know what you need, we have a flexible compensation plan that allows you to decide on a portion of your salary package. You also get 34 holidays throughout the year to take a well-earned rest.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org