What’s it really like to work at Methanex?
Methanex is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol. Our company is
active in major international markets such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and
Latin America. The Power of Agility is our key differentiator as we ensure secure supply,
safety and reliability to our customers.
At Methanex we care deeply about the people and the environment in which we live,
and we strive to work as One Team to achieve a common goal. We also value learning,
innovation and continuous improvement. For this reason, we are dedicated to
investing in career development.
Working at Methanex means being part of a small team while enjoying the benefits of
an international company. Because we’re relatively small in numbers, we each have a
big job to do and therefore make a big impact.
Do you want to create a powerful impact? Be a part of a talented team who values trust, respect, integrity and professionalism? Are you an ardent learner who is always looking to improve? Keep reading then, you might just be the Talent we are looking for.
You probably wonder... Where you will be working
Our European office located in Waterloo (Belgium) is currently looking to recruit a talented colleague! From our office in Waterloo, we oversee the management and administration of Methanex’s sales and logistics operations in Europe.
A typical day as Accountant at Methanex might include the following:
• Administration of Accounts Receivables; follow-up and booking of all incoming collections
• Administration of Accounts Payables and vendor accounts; control and record of payables invoices and expense reports
• Perform payments on a timely basis
• Keep customer and vendor files organized and updated with accurate information
• Management of Bank transactions
• Timely submission of month-end closing activities
• Ensure general ledger balance agrees with Accounts Payable sub-ledger and other detailed reports, and record all necessary journal entries
• Prepare relevant section and analysis for quarterly financial reporting package that is submitted to corporate reporting
• Give support in SG&A responsibilities and ERP system migration
This job might be for you if…
• You have a Bachelor or a Master’s degree in Finance or Economics
• You have minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in Accounting within an international company
• You are fluent in English (other languages are an asset)
• You are accurate, diligent and detailed oriented
• You are well organized, have a proven ability to manage your workload effectively and can juggle multiple projects at the same time
• You have a strong ability to interact with vendors in a professional manner
• You are result driven and proactive
• You have an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
• You are eager to learn and have a positive mindset
• You have high integrity & ethical level
What’s in for you?
✓ International environment. You will be part of a small team but you will have the opportunity to make a global impact. Moreover, we like sharing different culture and values and we believe that multiculturality ensures opporunity for personal and professional growth.
✓ Great company culture. Based on trust, integrity, honesty and professionalism. Joining Methanex means working within a positive work environment where you feel valued and where your colleagues have your back. Also, we have FUN ! We organise teambuildings, teamlunches, we sport together and BBQ together (in the summer). We also support social projects as we believe we have a shared responsibility in building a better world.
✓ Career development. From growth plans, to trainings and internal mobility, we are committed to ensuring you have the knowledge, tools, and opportunities to maximize your potential.
✓ Benefits. We offer a competitive salary package including many comprehensive insurances, meal vouchers and short-term incentives. You also get 34 vacation days throughout the year to take a well earned rest.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk:
➢ Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
➢ Do you want to know more about what’s so special about working at Methanex? https://www.methanex.com/careers
➢ Are you curious about why methanol makes the world a better place? Here is the answer: https://www.methanex.com/about-methanol
At Methanex, we believe in our People and we live our core values of
Trust, Professionalism, Respect and Integrity!