What’s it really like to work at Methanex?
Methanex is the world's largest producer and supplier of methanol. Our company is active in major international markets such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The Power of Agility is our key differentiator as we ensure secure supply, safety and reliability to our customers.
At Methanex we care deeply about the people and the environment in which we live, and we strive to work as One Team to achieve a common goal. We also value learning, innovation and continuous improvement. For this reason, we are dedicated to investing in career development.
Working at Methanex means being part of a small team while enjoying the benefits of an international company. Because we’re relatively small in numbers, we each have a big job to do and therefore make a big impact.
Do you want to create a powerful impact? Be a part of a talented team who values trust, respect, integrity and professionalism? Are you an ardent learner who is always looking to improve? Keep reading then, you might just be the Talent we are looking for.
You probably wonder...
Where you will be working?
Our European office located in Waterloo (Belgium) is currently looking to recruit a talented colleague! From our office in Waterloo, we oversee the management and administration of Methanex’s sales and logistics operations in Europe (Belgium, UK and Dubai).
What your mission is as HR Manager?
Strategic partner of the business, the HR manager is also the employee sponsor and people advocate. The HR Manager supports change and development activities through recruitment, on-boarding, employee development and performance. He/she also provides a full range of Human Resources services including compensation & benefits, training and implementation of HR initiatives to support the business needs of Methanex Europe (Belgium, UK and Dubai).
Who you will be working with?
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Vice President, Marketing & Logistics and has a seat at the European Leadership table. The HR Manager supervises a small team with two direct reports (An Office Administrator and an HR Advisor). The HR Manager is also a member of the Global HR leaders forum and so, acts as a reliable partner to the Global HR team and ensures consistency with corporate strategy and best practices.
A typical day as a HR Manager might include the following:
- You act as a Strategic Advisor for the Business: you lead the HR Vision, develop, recommend and implement HR policies, programs and practices which are aligned to the strategic direction of the company and support the achievement of regional business goals
- You play an important role in people development: you develop, implement and manage a solid recruitment framework and consistently evaluate if the right people are in the right positions. You lead the development of a highly performing organization, ensure career plans are in place and carried out for each person. You manage the Workforce Planning activities
- You lead the Talent Management process for local teams and contribute to succession planning initiatives. You ensure high employee engagement combined with high performance and manage employee career transitions through orientation, promotion, transfers, relocation, leave of absences and departures
- You are responsible for HR Management Practices and Labour law: you ensure compliance with all relevant laws and legislation and provide support to managers/employees in the resolution of conflicts. You lead the termination process, supporting the manager/supervisor in the communication with the employee but also ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- You supervise payroll, compensation and benefit programs and all HR Administration: you manage all compensation plans in accordance with Methanex’s Compensation Policy, Design and ensure competitiveness and cost effective of programs
- You contribute to the Global HR strategic plan by being an active member of the Global HR leader team and participate in global HR projects
This job might be for you if…
- You have 8 to 10 years generalist Human Resources experience
- You are fluent in English and French (other languages are an asset)
- You have a strong understanding of technical HR (compensation, benefit, HRMS (Workday) and a very good knowledge of Belgian social legislation
- You have a problem-solving attitude and you are always seeking optimization and continuous improvement
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and high listening skills
- You are not afraid to give your opinion and influence
- You have a strong analytical mind
- You are well organized, have a proven ability to manage your workload effectively and can juggle multiple projects at the same time.
What’s in for you?
- International environment. You will be part of a small team but you will have the opportunity to make a global impact. Moreover, we like sharing different culture and values and we believe that multiculturality ensures opporunity for personal and professional growth.
- Great company culture. Based on trust, integrity, honesty and professionalism. Joining Methanex means working within a positive work environment where you feel valued and where your colleagues have your back. Also, we have FUN ! We organise teambuildings, teamlunches, we sport together and BBQ together (in the summer). We also support social projects as we believe we have a shared responsibility in building a better world.
- Career development. From growth plans, to trainings and internal mobility, we are committed to ensuring you have the knowledge, tools, and opportunities to maximize your potential.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary package including many comprehensive insurances, meal vouchers, short term incentives, company car, sport membership subsidies. You also get 34 vacation days throughout the year to take a well earned rest.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk:
- Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you want to know more about what’s so special about working at Methanex? https://www.methanex.com/careers
- Are you curious about why methanol makes the world a better place? Here is the answer: https://www.methanex.com/about-methanol
At Methanex, we believe in our People and we live our core values of Trust,
Professionalism, Respect and Integrity!